Building a system

Old March 28th 05, 06:37 PM
Martin Francis

Default Building a system

.... is very very slow.

I am buying Hasselblad stuff on eBay as and when I can afford it. So far I
have a 50mm CF and 150mm CF, and have just bought a PM5, all for much less
than store prices.

Now all I need is the actual camera kit. Plenty of good opportunities
(503CXi + 100mm CF latest) missed due to lack of funds... damnit.

Anyone wanna buy a bridge?

--
Martin

Old March 28th 05, 06:40 PM
jjs

"Martin Francis" wrote in message
... is very very slow.

I am buying Hasselblad stuff on eBay as and when I can afford it. So far I
have a 50mm CF and 150mm CF, and have just bought a PM5, all for much less
than store prices.

Now all I need is the actual camera kit. Plenty of good opportunities
(503CXi + 100mm CF latest) missed due to lack of funds... damnit.

Anyone wanna buy a bridge?

Only if Linhof makes it.

Old March 28th 05, 08:29 PM
David J. Littleboy

"Martin Francis" wrote:

Now all I need is the actual camera kit. Plenty of good opportunities
(503CXi + 100mm CF latest) missed due to lack of funds... damnit.

Are KEH prices out of your range? Last I checked, their Hassy kit prices
were quite reasonable. (But then I place a higher value on reliability,
honesty, warantee, lack of BS than many: were most like me, ebay wouldn't
fly.)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old March 29th 05, 07:16 PM
Martin Francis

"David J. Littleboy" wrote in message

"Martin Francis" wrote:

Now all I need is the actual camera kit. Plenty of good opportunities
(503CXi + 100mm CF latest) missed due to lack of funds... damnit.

Are KEH prices out of your range? Last I checked, their Hassy kit prices
were quite reasonable. (But then I place a higher value on reliability,
honesty, warantee, lack of BS than many: were most like me, ebay wouldn't
fly.)

Import taxes, VAT and stuff all mount up... i'd be better off buying here in
the UK. Haven't found any good deals of 503xx kits in ages.

Martin

Old March 29th 05, 08:53 PM
jjs

"Martin Francis" wrote in message

Import taxes, VAT and stuff all mount up... i'd be better off buying here
in the UK.

Ouch. I forgot about that. Now what if I were to visit the UK and just
happen to leave my Hasselblad system there? Would I be taxed upon leaving?

Old March 29th 05, 09:03 PM
Martin Francis

"jjs" wrote in message
"Martin Francis" wrote in message

Import taxes, VAT and stuff all mount up... i'd be better off buying here
in the UK.

Ouch. I forgot about that. Now what if I were to visit the UK and just
happen to leave my Hasselblad system there? Would I be taxed upon leaving?

Yes. I'd be collecting on IR's behalf...

--
Martin the 'Blad Bailiff.

Old March 29th 05, 09:45 PM
jjs

"jjs" wrote in message

Ouch. I forgot about that. Now what if I were to visit the UK and just
happen to leave my Hasselblad system there? Would I be taxed upon
leaving?

Yes. I'd be collecting on IR's behalf...

It was a serious question, Martin. Do I have to account for things I bring
in but do not bring out? Molly and I are thinking of revisiting England and
Ireland and I do have extra 'blad equipment I'd not mind disposing of to
fellow enthusiasts.

Old March 29th 05, 09:54 PM
Martin Francis

"jjs" wrote in message

Ouch. I forgot about that. Now what if I were to visit the UK and just
happen to leave my Hasselblad system there? Would I be taxed upon
leaving?

Yes. I'd be collecting on IR's behalf...

It was a serious question, Martin. Do I have to account for things I bring
in but do not bring out? Molly and I are thinking of revisiting England
and Ireland and I do have extra 'blad equipment I'd not mind disposing of
to fellow enthusiasts.

I'm sorry, i've no idea. I don't think HM Customs are that thorough, though.

Anyone know?

Old March 30th 05, 02:41 AM
jjs

"Martin Francis" wrote in message

I'm sorry, i've no idea. I don't think HM Customs are that thorough,
though.

Let us hope the bureaucracy is as inept as it is reputed.