Recommendation for iPad iOS7 basic image editor

Old March 10th 14, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Liam O'Connor

Default Recommendation for iPad iOS7 basic image editor

What basic photo & video freeware editor do you use on iOS7 iPad?

On Windows, I make basic photo edits (cropping, color balance,
panorama, etc) with IrfanView freeware, and I make more extensive
photo editing (cutting, pasting, changing colors, etc.) with
Paint.NET freeware (among others, such as The GIMP). For the most
basic of video edits (mostly trimming), I use the default Movie Maker.

On Linux, I use KolourPaint freeware for the basic photo stuff, and
The GIMP (among others) for more extensive photo modifications.
I don't edit much video, but Cinelerra works for freeware video edits
(mostly just trimming the ends).

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video editing?

Old March 10th 14, 05:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article
hosting.com, Liam
O'Connor wrote:

What basic photo & video freeware editor do you use on iOS7 iPad?

since you have a new ipad, get iphoto.

there are other options but the better ones aren't free.
Old March 10th 14, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-03-10 17:27:34 +0000, Liam O'Connor said:

What basic photo & video freeware editor do you use on iOS7 iPad?

On Windows, I make basic photo edits (cropping, color balance,
panorama, etc) with IrfanView freeware, and I make more extensive
photo editing (cutting, pasting, changing colors, etc.) with
Paint.NET freeware (among others, such as The GIMP). For the most
basic of video edits (mostly trimming), I use the default Movie Maker.

On Linux, I use KolourPaint freeware for the basic photo stuff, and
The GIMP (among others) for more extensive photo modifications.
I don't edit much video, but Cinelerra works for freeware video edits
(mostly just trimming the ends).

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video editing?

There are plenty of free photo editing options for the iPad, most are a
variation of each other, and some are a complete waste of time. So I
have two suggestions:
Snapseed (free)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snap...439438619?mt=8
I know you are looking for free, just remember that for the most part
with *free* you get what you pay for. Snapseed id exceptional in that
it is a NIK product provided free by Google. There is also reasonable
support online.
https://support.google.com/snapseed/#topic=3110872

....and if you want a truly powerful photo image editor step up and pay
for Adobe Photoshop Touch ($9.99) there is no better for any tablet.
There are also a whole bunch of tutorials & good support available for
it.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adob...495716481?mt=8

For video on iPad, or iPhone (& I suspect Android) you shouldn't have
to go further than Videon ($4.99).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vide...648862644?mt=8

Savageduck

Old March 10th 14, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Michelle Steiner

In article
hosting.com, Liam
O'Connor wrote:

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video editing?

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.
Old March 10th 14, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-03-10 19:10:03 +0000, Michelle Steiner said:

In article
hosting.com, Liam
O'Connor wrote:

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video editing?

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.

Strange, if I access iPhoto via the App Store I find that Apple wants $4.99.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id497786065?mt=8

So for now I will stick to Snapseed (free) and the superb Adobe
Photoshop Touch ($9.99).

Old March 10th 14, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

Savageduck wrote:

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video editing?

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.

Strange, if I access iPhoto via the App Store I find that Apple wants $4.99.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id497786065?mt=8

it's free for those who bought an ipad or iphone after september 1,
2013, which original poster has done.
Old March 10th 14, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-03-10 21:41:35 +0000, nospam said:

Savageduck wrote:

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video editing?

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.

Strange, if I access iPhoto via the App Store I find that Apple wants $4.99.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id497786065?mt=8

it's free for those who bought an ipad or iphone after september 1,
2013, which original poster has done.

Ah ha! That explains it, my 64GB iPad 2 is doing just fine.

Savageduck

Old March 11th 14, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Michelle Steiner

Savageduck wrote:

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.

Strange, if I access iPhoto via the App Store I find that Apple wants $4.99.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id497786065?mt=8

Sorry, I though it was part of the free bundle that was offered with
iOS 7 and new iOS devices.
Old March 11th 14, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Michelle Steiner

In article , nospam
wrote:

But what do you use on iPad for equivalent freeware photo & video
editing?

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.

Strange, if I access iPhoto via the App Store I find that Apple wants $4.99.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id497786065?mt=8

it's free for those who bought an ipad or iphone after september 1,
2013, which original poster has done.

So I was right in the first place. *sigh*
Old March 11th 14, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.ipad
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-03-11 00:40:57 +0000, Michelle Steiner said:

Savageduck wrote:

iPhoto is a very good basic photo editing app. It's free.

Strange, if I access iPhoto via the App Store I find that Apple wants $4.99.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iphoto/id497786065?mt=8

Sorry, I though it was part of the free bundle that was offered with
iOS 7 and new iOS devices.

Apparently, I am viewing the world through the narrow window of a happy
iPad 2 user, who has no current need to upgrade to a new iPad. So I
guess in some way we were both right.

Savageduck