Usage of fiberglasss print drying rack

Old March 13th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

Default Usage of fiberglasss print drying rack

wrote in message
On Mar 9, 5:08 pm, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:

wrote

Wondered about those "non-permeable" sheets. My blotter
book was set aside years ago in favor of a corrugated
board
stack dryer. Although the prints do come out of the dryer
with nothing more than a hint of emulsion side curl they
do over time, unweighted, develop some more
emulsion side curl.

As it is the stack is built by alternating layers of
board,
hydrophobic sheets, and prints; a same sheeting each
side of the prints. Perhaps I should be using a less
permeable sheet emulsion side for long term
flatter prints. Dan

Worth a try. The idea of these things, especially the
blotter rolls, is that there is some air circulation at
the
back side of the blotters allowing faster drying. Kodak
used
to make a print dryer using corrugated blotter rolls with
blower. Richard Knoppow

Kodak's blotter rolls used a single face corrugated
board with a length of blotter paper forming the second
face. I used and liked mine. Prints came out flat but
with the characteristic bend towards the emulsion.
Salthill, Burke & James and others offered corrugated
board stack dryers using BLOTTER PAPER. I've updated
the old corrugated board stack dryer by using a special
ventilator grade corrugated board in conjunction with
non-woven synthetic fiber separators.
The result is a print dryer which is Very inexpensive,
Compact, Ultra light weight, and easily stowable. It
leaves prints dry and Flat. Dan

That sounds like a good idea. Now that you remind me I
do remember very large dryers using blotter stacks, was this
a Kodak machine?

--
---
Richard Knoppow