Dpreveiw figures a way to LOVE Canon even more

Old October 22nd 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich

Default Dpreveiw figures a way to LOVE Canon even more

By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)
Pentax K100D Super
Samsung G10X
Panasonic DMC-L10
Sony A700 (May not be available)
Sigma SD14

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

Old October 22nd 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Cynicor[_3_]

Rich wrote:
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

You must not be looking in the right place.
Old October 22nd 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Kinon O'Cann

"Cynicor" wrote in message
t...
Rich wrote:
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

You must not be looking in the right place.

Those are previews, not reviews. Those units aren't commercially available
yet.

Old October 22nd 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Kinon O'Cann

"Rich" wrote in message
oups.com...
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)
Pentax K100D Super
Samsung G10X
Panasonic DMC-L10
Sony A700 (May not be available)
Sigma SD14

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

DP review is no longer a review site, just a collection of moderated
discussion forums. Also, the site manager, Phil Askey, is fueding with
Canon, and refuses to review and cover certain items (so it seems).

The site has sunk a long way since Amazon bought them.

Old October 22nd 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Cynicor[_3_]

Kinon O'Cann wrote:
"Cynicor" wrote in message
t...
Rich wrote:
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

You must not be looking in the right place.

Those are previews, not reviews. Those units aren't commercially available
yet.

But they were hands-on pre-production write-ups. Since you can't review
something that's not available in production yet, the OP's complaint
puzzles me.
Old October 22nd 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Matt Ion

Cynicor wrote:
Kinon O'Cann wrote:
"Cynicor" wrote in message
t...
Rich wrote:
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

You must not be looking in the right place.

Those are previews, not reviews. Those units aren't commercially
available yet.

But they were hands-on pre-production write-ups. Since you can't review
something that's not available in production yet, the OP's complaint
puzzles me.

Even more puzzling is his complaint about there being "excessive" Canon
reviews, yet he lists the two latest Canon DSLRs among the missing...

Damn trolls, anyway...
Old October 22nd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jer

Cynicor wrote:
Rich wrote:
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

You must not be looking in the right place.

And then there's this...

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sonydslra700/

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old October 22nd 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Oct 22, 1:19 pm, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:
"Cynicor" wrote in message

t...

Rich wrote:
By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

Reviews people want, missing in action:
Olympus E-510
Olympus E-3 (well, we know what happened there)
Canon 40D
Canon 1DMkIII
Nikon D300 and D3 (may not be avail)

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond300/

You must not be looking in the right place.

Those are previews, not reviews. Those units aren't commercially available
yet.

I don't know if they aren't in the hands of the reviewers, I think
some already got the Olympus E-3. I've seen and handled the two
Nikons, the 1DsMIII, the Sony A700 and the Panasonic DMC-L10. I shot
some images through the Sony, the camera has a good feel and 800 ISO
looks good as well. The Samsung and the Sigma were basically ignored
by dpreview, the Samsung because I think it's only in Europe (remember
them NOT reviewing the Olympus E-400 because of that?) and the Sigma's
popularity probably isn't very high. Of course, they as the most used
review site did Sigma no favours by ignoring it either.

Old October 22nd 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Oct 22, 1:22 pm, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Feuding with Canon as well as Olympus??

Old October 22nd 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article .com,
Rich wrote:

By doing NOTHING BUT Canon reviews! Of mediocre P&S's no less!!
C'mon Dpreview, how long do you think your core audience of enthusiast
photogs will stick around if this keeps up?

phil has stated on several occasions that they just moved their studio
and therefore couldn't test anything for a month. they are now
catching up with the backlog. they've also hired new staff and when
they are up to speed they'll be doing reviews too. in fact, the latest
review has two names on it.

phil has been working on the canon 1d mark iii review for a while but
he has shelved it because of intense demand for the 40d and also the
various previews posted recently. the nikon d300 and d3 will probably
follow, also due to demand. nobody really cares about the sigma sd14
(although many are curious just how poorly it will rate considering
every other review slammed it), and the samsung gx-10 (not g10x) is
basically a pentax k10d which has already been reviewed. simon is
currently working on the sony a700.