"digital" darkroom -- ok to discuss?

Old March 27th 05, 05:53 PM
rafe bustin

Default "digital" darkroom -- ok to discuss?

Honest question. If this is too hot a
topic, no big deal.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
Old March 27th 05, 06:09 PM
Scott W

rafe bustin wrote:
Honest question. If this is too hot a
topic, no big deal.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

For those of us who have worked in both a real darkroom and with a
digit darkroom I think this would be of interest. But I can see this
getting out of hand pretty quick.

Scott

Old March 27th 05, 06:35 PM
rafe bustin

On 27 Mar 2005 09:09:20 -0800, "Scott W" wrote:

rafe bustin wrote:
Honest question. If this is too hot a
topic, no big deal.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

For those of us who have worked in both a real darkroom and with a
digit darkroom I think this would be of interest. But I can see this
getting out of hand pretty quick.

That's why I asked. I don't see anything
in the name or charter that excludes digital
darkroom, so if the natives want "analog only"
I've no need to annoy them.

If that's the case, there ought to be a
group named rec.photo.digital-darkroom
or some such.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Old March 27th 05, 06:53 PM
Lloyd Erlick

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:35:15 -0500, rafe bustin

there ought to be a
group named rec.photo.digital-darkroom
or some such.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

mar2705 from Lloyd Erlick,

I think that is an excellent idea.

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email:
net:
www.heylloyd.com
________________________________

Old March 27th 05, 07:02 PM
Gregory Blank

rafe bustin wrote:

Honest question. If this is too hot a
topic, no big deal.

Others may feel different but I don't need the discussion here,
there is No Darkroom in digital. There's always plenty of other
forums to talk about the merits of digital work. Just MYOP FWIW.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old March 27th 05, 07:45 PM
silver

I have to agree with Gregory. There is no darkroom in digtal and no
digital in darkroom. Note that the charter states :

rec.photo.darkroom Developing, printing and other darkroom issues

This newsgroup will contain postings related to all aspects of
photographic
darkroom use. As such it will cover subjects such as the developing of
slide and negative film, photographic printing from negatives and
slides,
photographic toning processes and alternative chemistry. This newsgroup
specifically does *NOT* permit the posting of commercial advertisments
for
products or services, even if they are related to photography.