Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

Old February 19th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Andrew Price

Default Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:26:19 -0500, Lloyd Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire.
dot com wrote:

[---]

Some people disparage it as socialized
medicine. I find it preferable to socialized
weapon systems.

Fully agree. Where I live, there is also an excellent health-care
system which is accessible to everyone.

I would not want to live in a country where ill-health can result in
financial ruin, or worse - where citizens just do not have the means
to pay for treatment at all, and live in constant fear of falling
seriously ill.
Old March 3rd 08, 08:17 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Len B

Hello Lloyd,

I've lurked in this group but never posted. Wiser people than I post
here, so I am here to absorb.

On your recent topic, I do have some experience.

In 2003, I had an infection ruin my Aortic valve. In 2004 it was
replaced with a clicking technological pyrolytic carbon wonder. (rated
at 200+ years no less)

Anyway, I am WAY better for it. My surgery was in New Westmnister, BC
and I was never really concerned about it. Funny. Anyway, I have a
friend whos father had Mitral valve repair in Toronto and he is doing
very well. He's 83 I think. You're becoming a caregiver is so
important and valuable. My wife flipped into the role in a second and
without her it would have been very difficult.

I wish you both all the best and I know that with the current health
care system, Natalie will get will be the best available. Our health
care may seem problematic at times but it does appear to be there
when we need it.

All the best,

Len Bryan

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:26:19 -0500, Lloyd Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire.
dot com wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:27:26 -0500, "Ken
Hart" wrote:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message
. ..
February 18, 2008, from Lloyd Erlick,

I'm still here!

Natalie had heart surgery in October, and
I've become a caregiver. When a surgeon says
'it's minor surgery ... she'll be home in
five to seven days' ... run. A ninety minute
procedure took six hours and five weeks
intensive care. But things are looking up and
Natalie's fierceness about ruling the roost
has reasserted itself. Now I get banished to
my own life from time to time.

Old March 7th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

March 6, 2008, from Lloyd Erlick,

Thanks very much for the encouraging words.

It was all possible for me because I could
see improvement every day. I have a hell of a
problem with watching a loved one fade ...

Natalie is planning on spending the summer at
the cottage, more or less alone (meaning in
control of her place, because lots of
visitors will appear.) I expect she'll even
have the occasional margarita.

I started off counting the number of times I
saw her climb the stairs from the basement
(TV area ...) to kitchen. She's long since
gone off the scale on that one.

The litter of solidified crystals of water on
the sidewalk is hindering the walking
exercise program, though.

regards,
--le