What's annoying ( UC)

Old February 6th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default What's annoying ( UC) - long

In article et,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote

At least Clinton's misdemeanor was something
"normal". He had sex with the wrong person in
the wrong place.

Every time Monica made the news Willy
launched cruise missiles to miss Bin Laden.

The movie "Wag the Dog" came out at the same
time.

He launched a missile alright

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old February 7th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:26:02 GMT, "Nicholas
O. Lindan" wrote:

Wag the Dog

.... meaningful words ...
--le
Old February 11th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote

At least Clinton's misdemeanor was something
"normal". He had sex with the wrong person in
the wrong place.

Every time Monica made the news Willy
launched cruise missiles to miss Bin Laden.

And the cost of 4 little nukes wouldn't have been so significant as
9.11 .

The movie "Wag the Dog" came out at the same
time.

Not bad but ever watch "The Great Dictator" ?

==
John - Photographer & Webmaster
www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net
Old February 11th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
John wrote:

And the cost of 4 little nukes wouldn't have been so significant as
9.11 .

Thats absurd John. Granted I for one count the cost
of 9.11's innocent lives greatly but if our species is ever to truly
evolve past aggression we "moral" nations that have nuclear weaponry
must one day put them aside- & not use them.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old February 11th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:05:42 -0500, G- Blank

John wrote:

And the cost of 4 little nukes wouldn't have been so significant as
9.11 .

Thats absurd John. Granted I for one count the cost
of 9.11's innocent lives greatly but if our species is ever to truly
evolve past aggression we "moral" nations that have nuclear weaponry
must one day put them aside- & not use them.

Heck, I'm with you on this but unfortunaterly rich boys from countries
like Saudi Arabia offer little choice. Sometimes it's an "us or them"
equation.Personally I'd love to see every nuke taken apart, and the
scrap metal used for something good while simultaneously lowering or
even eliminating the cost of supporting such a useless arsenal as 500+
nukes.

Of course none of this is likely to happen in our lifetimes as the
politicos that run our country won't allow it. Too much pac money
involved. How about if we took that scrap metal and the uranium and
made an atomic-powered electric railway ?

==
Old February 11th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:35:20 -0600, John
wrote:

Personally I'd love to see every nuke taken apart, and the
scrap metal used for something good while simultaneously lowering or
even eliminating the cost of supporting such a useless arsenal as 500+
nukes.

Errrr, mean to say "5000+" as I think that's a ballpark on how many
the US still has sitting around.

==
Old February 11th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
John wrote:

How about if we took that scrap metal and the uranium and
made an atomic-powered electric railway ?

==
John - Photographer & Webmaster
www.puresilver.org - www.xs750.net

One that floats on an electrostatic cushion, would be cool.

Or how about personal one seated atomic powered anti gravity
bi-directional propeller driven flying machines without any safety
features That way all the kooks and bad "drivers would a self
correcting solution"

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old February 11th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:08:14 -0500, G- Blank
wrote:

How about if we took that scrap metal and the uranium and
made an atomic-powered electric railway ?

One that floats on an electrostatic cushion, would be cool.

Or how about personal one seated atomic powered anti gravity
bi-directional propeller driven flying machines without any safety
features That way all the kooks and bad "drivers would a self
correcting solution"

Believe it or not I'm actually kinda serious. Given the escalating
prices of (un)real estate in large cities such as Nashville, many of
us commute a significant distance to work just to live outside "Dodge
City". 60 miles each way in my case but this actually isn't that high
compared to many who commute into L.A. or N.Y.C. daily. It would seem
to me that one of the most reasonable solutions to the the fossil
fuel debacle is mass transit. Imagine our government putting in 4 high
speed commuter trains with commuter accesses 30 miles out from each
city. Less fuel used, less pollution, less traffic jams and far fewer
accidents. So instead of having an 8-lane highway such as I-24, I-65
or I-40, we could do quite well with a 4-lane road while saving about
3 gallons of fuel per rider per day.

Oh but I forgot ! That would mean that the governments wouldn't be
getting monies from the taxes they have on gasoline ! That amounts to
$665,000,000 annually here in Tennessee. "Yeah, so who wants the next
contract for expanding I-24 again ?" !$!$!$!

==
Old February 12th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
John wrote:

[...]

I was taking you serious, I think its a good idea, however
we have mass transit into Baltimore from 30 miles away.

Few use it compared to those that commute via car. The bigger
problem I see is shy of the "safe" downtown stations
many of the stops that might be close to destinations
one could go in ones car are in horribly crime ridden areas.

If one is traveling on foot or waiting for the bus one is endangering
ones life in many instances, thats here in Baltimore. YMMV.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com