Bessler 23C II

Old April 19th 05, 04:42 AM
John

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:31:02 GMT, wrote:

And to the little lady who ask how much I paid for it at a pawn shop: For
the Bessler 23C II with all the extensions and frames ;three tool boxes full
of extra's (most of which I have no idea even now what they are) ;the 3 sets
of trays; a roller washer; 4X6 wash sink, with temp control; bulk film
rollers; about 27 books on the zone system and printing; two paper safes; a
really cool safe light with exchanger vent: I paid $2250 plus tax. A

Gulp ! Wanna buy a Durst ?

And to think I had two 23CII's I'm trying to donate to the local school.

JD - www.puresilver.org
Old April 19th 05, 04:47 AM
John

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:31:02 GMT, wrote:

and so is the 4x5 extension cone I have.

Could you give more detail on this ? The 23CII is a 6X9cm enlarger.

JD - www.puresilver.org
Old April 20th 05, 03:11 AM
Rod Smith

John writes:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 23:31:02 GMT, wrote:

And to the little lady who ask how much I paid for it at a pawn shop: For
the Bessler 23C II with all the extensions and frames ;three tool boxes full
of extra's (most of which I have no idea even now what they are) ;the 3 sets
of trays; a roller washer; 4X6 wash sink, with temp control; bulk film
rollers; about 27 books on the zone system and printing; two paper safes; a
really cool safe light with exchanger vent: I paid $2250 plus tax. A

Gulp ! Wanna buy a Durst ?

And to think I had two 23CII's I'm trying to donate to the local school.

A search on eBay shows Beseler 23C-II enlargers going for $100-$400. Of
course, these differ greatly in condition, included accessories, etc.;
it's possible that a setup such as rickmadk describes would go for well
over $400. Also, I don't believe he mentioned when he bought his; I don't
know the details, but I'm under the impression that the prices for used
enlargers have plummeted in the past few years, as former hobbyist film
photographers have flooded the market with their equipment after switching
to digital.

Still, the bottom line is that I wouldn't count on getting anywhere close
to $2250 for a Beseler 23C-II, at least not by itself.

--
Rod Smith,
http://www.rodsbooks.com