[SI] Traditions die hard...

Old January 7th 12, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default [SI] Traditions die hard...

Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/shootin/traditions
Old January 7th 12, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:23:44 -0500, Bowser wrote:
: Well, we've had better turnouts...
:
: http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/shootin/traditions

I haven't looked yet, so I don't know how bad it was. But I have to apologize
that Martha and I didn't get anything in this time. It wasn't for lack of
interest; we've just been extremely busy. For me the crowning blow was a photo
shoot at work on Monday (the biennial City Council inauguration) where I shot
almost 500 images. I'm still working my way through editing those. I can't do
a sloppy job, because the Councillors, most of whom brought along their kids
or grandkids (not to mention their wives, husbands, and other SOs), are
looking for good pictures to show around. Believe me, though, it beats the
alternative, where they're *not* interested in what I produce. ;^)

Bowser, are you sure you won't change your mind and stick with the SI a while
longer? I wish I could take it on, but I'm constrained by this silly tradition
that there are only 24 hours in a day.

Bob
Old January 7th 12, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-01-06 19:23 , Bowser wrote:
Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/shootin/traditions

Sending one shortly.

--
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
Douglas Adams - (Could have been a GPS engineer).
Old January 7th 12, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-01-06 19:23 , Bowser wrote:
Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/traditions corrected link

Why aren't people's names on three of the phots?

Old January 7th 12, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-01-06 19:23 , Bowser wrote:
Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/traditions

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/140766164

Come To Jesus!

Old January 7th 12, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/140766164
Come To Jesus!

He's the reason for the season!

*snicker*

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
Old January 7th 12, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank S

"Bowser" wrote in message
Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/shootin/traditions

I can't see the ones by unidentified shooters.

_Ave atque vale_

--
Frank ess

Old January 8th 12, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-01-06 19:23 , Bowser wrote:
Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/shootin/traditions

Did you receive my phot?

Old January 9th 12, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 10:57:28 -0500, Alan Browne

On 2012-01-06 19:23 , Bowser wrote:
Well, we've had better turnouts...

http://upload.pbase.com/edit_gallery/shootin/traditions

Did you receive my phot?

Yes, I did and it's posted. I'll be sending you some info for the
accounts today, as well.
Old January 9th 12, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems tony cooper wrote:
I didn't submit to "Traditions" because our family has no traditions
to photograph other than family gatherings. All photos from those are
just snapshots.

Yeah, I was in a similar quandry -- I don't really have any "holiday
traditions". But true to form, I had a couple of offbeat ideas. Sure,
lights and what not are the official traditions, but the unofficial
traditions when my far-flung family gets together tend to involve lots
of bickering and strife. It's hard to capture that in an image.

The other idea I had was to get a pile of empty beer/wine/booze bottles
(and/or an overflowing ashtray) discarded in a passed-out-on-the-couch
sort of way. Alas, I wasn't able to accomplish either.

- Solomon [Not a cynic, really..]