[SI] Yet another bad one

Old February 8th 11, 02:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter N[_2_]

Default Yet another bad one

On 2011-02-08 06:19:00 -0800, Peter N
said:

On 2/7/2011 12:16 AM, Annika1980 wrote:
On Feb 4, 4:01 pm, wrote:
The latest addition to Bad Travel:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/132292512

Once the center of Free Love, now populated by old hookers.

I prefer the term "young at heart hookers."

I sense an oncoming bout of the verbal expression of hormonal
distress(or is that whore moanal?) about to befall this NG.

A few years ago I heard one moan rather loudly. It happened at the Taj
in Atlantic City. She had just learned that her fee was paid with a
tournament chip.

That is worth its weight in plastic.

Rich wouldn't agree. He would say it's not worth its weight.

--
Peter
Old February 10th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tom Yost[_3_]

Default [SI] Yet another bad one

Bowser wrote in news:NsadnVW-
:

The latest addition to Bad Travel:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/132292512

My first visit to San Francisco was in the summer of '68. I was a lad of 12
,travelling with my family on an epic Griswold-like western road trip of
four weeks duration.

I remember being in the lobby of a museum somewhere near the wharf. A
couple came in and approached the information booth and asked "Where do we
go to see the hippies?"

The info booth lady cheerfully pulled out a tour map and marked the
directions (to Haight-Ashbury, I assume)

I also remember spending my hard earned paper route money on some beads and
a peace sign.

That seems like a million years ago.

Old February 11th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bill Graham

Tom Yost wrote:
Bowser wrote in news:NsadnVW-
:

The latest addition to Bad Travel:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/132292512

My first visit to San Francisco was in the summer of '68. I was a lad
of 12 ,travelling with my family on an epic Griswold-like western
road trip of four weeks duration.

I remember being in the lobby of a museum somewhere near the wharf. A
couple came in and approached the information booth and asked "Where
do we go to see the hippies?"

The info booth lady cheerfully pulled out a tour map and marked the
directions (to Haight-Ashbury, I assume)

I also remember spending my hard earned paper route money on some
beads and a peace sign.

That seems like a million years ago.

In those days there was a store in SF called, "French's Furniture". They
were 10 percenters, and they had their office near where Mission street goes
under the freeway and turns South into the, "Mission District." they didn't
just deal in furniture, but could get you most anything for 10% over the
wholesale price. I bought several Hi-Fi items from them back in the 60's. I
wonder if they are still in business?