advice on selling equipment

Old August 20th 04, 12:37 AM
Howard

Default advice on selling equipment

Is this forum a place to offer equipment for sale? If so, How does one go
about it, in terms of making sure the check is good, in terms of the buyer
being sure the equipment is good, etc. Any advice on how to sell stuff,
either on this forum or elsewhere would be appreciated. I have a Nikon
Coolpix 5700 that's a year or so old and infrequently used. It's perfect but
I want to purchase a digital SLR.
Thanks.
Howie

Old August 20th 04, 01:43 AM
jlancos

Howie:

Try rec.photo.marketplace, but I would post a link there to a site like
Ebay where you have some protection on selling. Only way I know that a
check would be good would be to wait out a 15 day period to make sure it
didn't bounce. I'm sure there might be other sites to sell your camera
and I'm sure others will suggest some but I prefer Ebay. Also on Ebay
you can search for the 5700 and get an idea what they are going for.

Old August 20th 04, 08:04 AM
Tony Spadaro

This is not the place to advertise your goods. Go to the marketplace groups.
And there is no protection for either party on the usenets. That is up to
you and the buyer.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto