[SI] Work is up

Old March 18th 12, 08:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Work is up

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old March 18th 12, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 3/18/2012 4:24 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

tis not yet tonight, however just sent mine in.

--
Peter
Old March 18th 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
philo

On 03/18/2012 03:24 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

Nice photos

I have a few friend who have "work allergies" though and would probably
not want to look
Old March 19th 12, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Late for work.

On 2012-03-18 16:24 , Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

A couple late submissions. Note that others are due as well assuming
they fix their file sizes.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old March 21st 12, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2012-03-18 16:24 , Alan Browne wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

And a couple more stragglers added today.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old March 22nd 12, 01:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 21:16:05 -0700 (PDT), otter
wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:24:05 PM UTC-5, Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.

I wasn't going to comment on these, but what the heck. Might as well contribute something.

I couldn't see hanging any of these on a wall. I could possibly visualize Bowser's #2 & #3 being in a magazine. Makes those the best, in my mind.

Congratulations to the rest who were able to rise to the challenge, unlike me.

Funny you should mention that. Both of those images ended up in
corporate annual reports, and the #2 shot did end up in a magazine.

But I really wish I had the time to scope out something new. I sent
three archive shots. Embarassing.
Old March 22nd 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tim Conway[_2_]

wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:24:05 PM UTC-5, Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.

I wasn't going to comment on these, but what the heck. Might as well
contribute something.

I couldn't see hanging any of these on a wall. I could possibly visualize
Bowser's #2 & #3 being in a magazine. Makes those the best, in my mind.

Congratulations to the rest who were able to rise to the challenge, unlike
me.

Funny you should mention that. Both of those images ended up in
corporate annual reports, and the #2 shot did end up in a magazine.

But I really wish I had the time to scope out something new. I sent
three archive shots. Embarassing.

Yes, maybe, but to a stock photographer archive shots are most of his income
(except for an occasional assignment).
I think it is just as challenging to pick an appropriate shot out of one's
archives for the mandate as to go shoot something fresh. The skills are
practically the same, just the timing is different.
Although it *is* nicer to do it fresh - more like fulfilling an assignment,
but to those of us who are somewhat impaired, archive shots is sometimes the
only way we can participate in events like the shootin.

Old March 22nd 12, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:03:27 -0400, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I agree with you, but so often archive shots are specifically
excluded.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old March 24th 12, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

wrote:

On Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:24:05 PM UTC-5, Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/work

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.

I wasn't going to comment on these, but what the heck. Might as well contribute something.

I couldn't see hanging any of these on a wall. I could possibly visualize Bowser's #2& #3 being in a magazine. Makes those the best, in my mind.

Maybe we have the next mandate: A photo for Otter's wall.

All we have to do is figure out what kind of photos that Otter likes.

As to those who think the quality of the photos in SI is slipping,
we've already met and exceeded the mandate of: Better Than Bruce's.

Does reaching that goal give you a sense of satisfaction?

--
Peter