[SI] Two additions to Panos!

Old November 28th 10, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default [SI] Two additions to Panos!

Yes, I finally checked my mail, and two new shots for the Pano mandate
can be seen he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pano_mosaic
Old November 28th 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Bowser wrote:
Yes, I finally checked my mail, and two new shots for the Pano mandate
can be seen he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pano_mosaic

Another new face! Beautiful scene Jamie; just perfect.

Savageduck-03 - interesting choice to go with a pano, since I know you
have an ultra-wide lens; it does capture the richness of the scene
nicely and perhaps including the mountain top would lose that.
Old November 28th 10, 05:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-11-27 18:27:39 -0800, Paul Furman said:

Bowser wrote:
Yes, I finally checked my mail, and two new shots for the Pano mandate
can be seen he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pano_mosaic

Another new face! Beautiful scene Jamie; just perfect.

Savageduck-03 - interesting choice to go with a pano, since I know you
have an ultra-wide lens; it does capture the richness of the scene
nicely and perhaps including the mountain top would lose that.

The exercise was to create a pano. I saw what I thought was a
reasonable opportunity.
The Valley shot with El Cap & Bridal Veil was taken in portrait
orientation for that purpose, but I also captured it with the Tokina @
11mm in a single shot.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...mite-7409w.jpg

Savageduck

Old November 28th 10, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-11-27 18:27:39 -0800, Paul Furman said:

Bowser wrote:
Yes, I finally checked my mail, and two new shots for the Pano mandate
can be seen he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pano_mosaic

Another new face! Beautiful scene Jamie; just perfect.

Savageduck-03 - interesting choice to go with a pano, since I know you
have an ultra-wide lens; it does capture the richness of the scene
nicely and perhaps including the mountain top would lose that.

The exercise was to create a pano. I saw what I thought was a
reasonable opportunity.
The Valley shot with El Cap & Bridal Veil was taken in portrait
orientation for that purpose, but I also captured it with the Tokina @
11mm in a single shot.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...mite-7409w.jpg

BTW: Having the 11-16mm up at Tunnel View, negates the need for
resorting to a pano. I imagine your 12-24 Sigma should do just fine up
there.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechut...te-6603BWw.jpg

Savageduck

Old November 29th 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Default Two additions to Panos!

On Nov 27, 11:07 pm,
On 2010-11-27 18:27:39 -0800, Paul said:

Bowser wrote:
Yes, I finally checked my mail, and two new shots for the Pano mandate
can be seen he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pano_mosaic

Another new face! Beautiful scene Jamie; just perfect.

Savageduck-03 - interesting choice to go with a pano, since I know you
have an ultra-wide lens; it does capture the richness of the scene
nicely and perhaps including the mountain top would lose that.

The exercise was to create a pano. I saw what I thought was a
reasonable opportunity.
The Valley shot with El Cap& Bridal Veil was taken in portrait
orientation for that purpose, but I also captured it with the Tokina @
11mm in a single shot.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Yosemite-7409w.jpg

Savageduck

I assume that is the Merced river? I was at Yosemite for a
week back in the middle 70's. It was late June and fairly warm.
I got a wild hair and decided to jump in that river to cool off a
bit.
Whoa! Was like jumping into a glass of icewater.. I jumped out
as fast as I jumped in.. :/

Good memory! Yeah, that's the Merced. Now, had you waited till late
September, you'd have found the river several degrees warmer..... but
not quite warm enough for me!

--
john mcwilliams

Old November 29th 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 27, 11:07*pm, Savageduck
On 2010-11-27 18:27:39 -0800, Paul Furman said:

Bowser wrote:
[...]

Yup!
That is the Merced river. In June you would still have heavy snow melt
adding to the flow, with very little change to the water temperature
between December and June. It is probably only truly fit for jumping
in, or tubing late July through August, once we are into the meat of
the Summer.

Savageduck