Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera Review & Sample Pictures

Old December 18th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer

Default Fisher Price Kid Tough Digital Camera Review & Sample Pictures

Paul Michaels wrote:
We just bought the Fisher Price Kid Tough digital camera for a young
aspiring photographer. He's too young for a "real" camera which
wouldn't survive very long in a toddler's hands.

It was about $50 on Amazon.com with free shipping. It feels really
well put together but the image quality is about the same as a cheap
computer webcam.

Here's a photo gallery with some sample images -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/F...Camera-Review/

Hopefully it will teach him the fundamentals of photography. Anyone
considering buying this camera should either stock up on AAA batteries
or get rechargeable batts and a charger.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I just bought a real cheap digital that would be good for a kid. It is a
Vivitar, on sale at Walgreens for ten bucks! It is only 350 x 280
pixels, but it does work. It is the first of its kind I have found that
will not wear out its batteries between the time I take the pictures and
the time I upload them to computer (it uses SDRAM rather than flash).

I am thinking of keeping it in the car as an emergency camera, but
worried about Minnesota winter temps. Ten bucks is not too much to
loose :-)

Oh, it is also VERY small! Smallest I have seen.