How do I 'rotate tall' in LR5? EOQ

Old February 11th 15, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default How do I 'rotate tall' in LR5? EOQ

Eric Stevens

Chaos is found in the greatest abundance wherever order is being
sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organised.
-: Ly Tin Wheedle
Old February 11th 15, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-02-11 22:08:10 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

This needs some more detail before an answer is possible.

Savageduck

Old February 11th 15, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.
Old February 11th 15, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:25:18 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.

Brilliant!

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

I couldn't find any reference to it in Adobe 'help', the Internet in
general or any of the books I have dealing with Lightroom. I did find
other people asking the ame question and being told how to reset their
camera, but nothing about how to deal with an actual photograph. I
have a photograph taken looking directly up a tree and the camera
guessed at the wrong orientation for 'up'.

Eric Stevens
Old February 11th 15, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.

Brilliant!

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

your welcome.

I couldn't find any reference to it in Adobe 'help', the Internet in
general or any of the books I have dealing with Lightroom.

did you look for rotate?

I did find
other people asking the ame question and being told how to reset their
camera, but nothing about how to deal with an actual photograph. I
have a photograph taken looking directly up a tree and the camera
guessed at the wrong orientation for 'up'.

that sometimes happens with the camera facing up or down.
Old February 11th 15, 11:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-02-11 23:04:39 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:25:18 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.

Brilliant!

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

I couldn't find any reference to it in Adobe 'help', the Internet in
general or any of the books I have dealing with Lightroom. I did find
other people asking the ame question and being told how to reset their
camera, but nothing about how to deal with an actual photograph. I
have a photograph taken looking directly up a tree and the camera
guessed at the wrong orientation for 'up'.

You could have gone to the *Menu* and found all of that.
I just found your question kind of vague, but I guess "nospam" knows all. ;-)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_14.jpg

Savageduck

Old February 12th 15, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:07:23 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.

Brilliant!

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

your welcome.

I couldn't find any reference to it in Adobe 'help', the Internet in
general or any of the books I have dealing with Lightroom.

did you look for rotate?

All I got was the usual to level a horizon or whatever.

Old February 12th 15, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:29:00 -0800, Savageduck

On 2015-02-11 23:04:39 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:25:18 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.

Brilliant!

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

I couldn't find any reference to it in Adobe 'help', the Internet in
general or any of the books I have dealing with Lightroom. I did find
other people asking the ame question and being told how to reset their
camera, but nothing about how to deal with an actual photograph. I
have a photograph taken looking directly up a tree and the camera
guessed at the wrong orientation for 'up'.

You could have gone to the *Menu* and found all of that.
I just found your question kind of vague, but I guess "nospam" knows all. ;-)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_14.jpg

Somewhat astonishingly (stupidly?) I have got out of the habit of (AKA
I never thought of) going to the menu. :-(

Eric Stevens
Old February 12th 15, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-02-11 23:04:39 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:25:18 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

For the particular problem you were trying to solve you might have got
an interesting result with the *Upright* filter and selcting *Full*.

Savageduck

Old February 12th 15, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MI

On 2/11/15, 5:57 PM, in article
, "Savageduck"

On 2015-02-11 23:04:39 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:25:18 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

what is 'rotate tall' ?

rotate left is cmd/ctrl [
rotate right is cmd/ctrl ]

pick the one that is appropriate for the image.

Brilliant!

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

I couldn't find any reference to it in Adobe 'help', the Internet in
general or any of the books I have dealing with Lightroom. I did find
other people asking the ame question and being told how to reset their
camera, but nothing about how to deal with an actual photograph. I
have a photograph taken looking directly up a tree and the camera
guessed at the wrong orientation for 'up'.

You could have gone to the *Menu* and found all of that.
I just found your question kind of vague, but I guess "nospam" knows all.
;-)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_14.jpg

Somewhat astonishingly (stupidly?) I have got out of the habit of (AKA
I never thought of) going to the menu. :-(

For the particular problem you were trying to solve you might have got
an interesting result with the *Upright* filter and selcting *Full*.

To me the easiest way to correct the rotation is to have the subject in
Library on the grid and click one of the two arrows below the picture on
either side. No need to go to the menu or use filters.

--
Martha

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---