Life Balance Coaching: Balance Work And Life Like A Pro

Old January 6th 08, 10:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
88059355

Default Life Balance Coaching: Balance Work And Life Like A Pro

"Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the
instruments of the wise." --Samuel Lover

One of the most common complaints of clients who want life balance
coaching is that their plate is fuller than full. From professional to
business owner to home maker, having a quality life has become
increasingly challenging. The demands of modern life often leave some
people feeling dragged out and inadequate instead of personally
empowered. Many people know intellectually that they can't give 100%
to everything, yet still they have unreasonable expectations for
themselves. As a result something's gotta give, and usually, it is
their self-care & personal fulfillment.

Is your development in career, relationships, or other life categories
suffering because you take on too much? See if this sounds like
something you might be saying to yourself. "Life just seems to be
whizzing by me, and I don't really feel as though I'm spending enough
quality time on the things that matter most to me. I worry a lot that
I'm going to somehow miss my life and then it will be over."

Life's demands may not slow up any time soon, and learning life
balance is an ongoing art. If you think one day you will get it all
done, and then you can relax, you are bound to be disappointed.

So then how can we create an alternative to the demands of this fast-
paced, over-busy society? Women and men alike want to insure that
those things of greatest importance to them get the amount of
attention they deserve.

While there aren't always simple answers to a quality lifestyle in
which balance reigns, here are some basic life management skills that
our life balane coaching clients have found extremely helpful:

Number one: Identify the top four priority categories in your life
that you want to balance (i.e., spirituality/personal development,
family/relationship, career, personal care/health) and honestly assess
how much time you give to each category.

Often, people have expectations of themselves that are unreasonable
given the amount of time they actually have to devote to something.
If, for example, you are giving only 50% of your time to a career, it
is truly unreasonable to expect yourself to be a superstar in that
category. But if kids and family are a top priority to you, giving
only 50% to career is probably the most you could give and still have
enough time and energy left over.

Number two: Write things down! Don't use your brain as your day
planner. Doing so increases stress. Consider making five separate life
balance "to do" lists. The first four lists correlate with your four
top priority life categories (from our example above, one for
spirituality/personal development, one for family/relationships, one
for career/work and one for personal care/health). Then the fifth list
would be for general "to do's" that don't fit into those top four
categories.

From these lists make sure you schedule the important items in your
priority categories first, before anything else makes it onto your
calendar. As a result you won't have to worry whether you're making
time for priorities. Then you can pick and choose from your general to
do list which additional activities you may need to, have to or
(actually want to), fit in. By the way, don't be afraid to use that
good word "no" to any time-robbers you identify!

Number three: Practice being in the present moment only. Let's say
you're always thinking about your endless pile of work at the office
when you're home with the family. Fact is there is absolutely nothing
you can do about those things on your desk. Worrying about it takes
precious time and attention away from your priorities and increases
your feelings of dissatisfaction about life.

It takes practice and some mental self-control to keep your attention
on what's happening in the present moment, but this tip alone will
bring huge rewards. When you savor the series of life moments one by
one, you will find you don't feel as though you're missing out.

Be patient and loving with yourself, whether you apply the above tips
yourself or integrate them into your life through Life Balance
Coaching. Always remember, life balance is an ongoing process and it
will throw you curve balls from time to time. The key to growth and
personal fulfillment is to remember it is a process rather than an
event. But with practice, you will find coming back to equilibrium
gets quicker & easier. As a result, you will enjoy life more and have
a more consistent experience of happiness.

http://cncarrental.cn/html/goodspeech/20060924/879.html
Old January 6th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Jan 6, 4:43 am, 88059355 wrote:
"Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; they are but the
instruments of the wise." --Samuel Lover

Oh. So now we've got Anglos using 163.com (CHINESE SPAM PORTAL) as
well?