That darned German sense of humour!

Old October 21st 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default That darned German sense of humour!

Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

Old October 21st 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MarkČ

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after a few
too many beers???

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old October 21st 06, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

MarkČ (lowest even number here) wrote:
RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after a few
too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Old October 21st 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MarkČ

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after
a few too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Ah... But you missed the fact that one is on e-bay.
E-bay is a haven for folks with more money than sense.

Also... There is no image for the second offering. Only an "E-" rating.
I wouldn't trust that either. Would you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old October 22nd 06, 07:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after
a few too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Ah... But you missed the fact that one is on e-bay.
E-bay is a haven for folks with more money than sense.

Also... There is no image for the second offering. Only an "E-" rating.
I wouldn't trust that either. Would you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

For Gods sake, why would anyone want either of them?

Old October 22nd 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eddie

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after
a few too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Ah... But you missed the fact that one is on e-bay.
E-bay is a haven for folks with more money than sense.

Also... There is no image for the second offering. Only an "E-" rating.
I wouldn't trust that either. Would you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

For Gods sake, why would anyone want either of them?

Possibly because anyone might have an Olympus camera

Eddie

Old October 22nd 06, 10:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after
a few too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Ah... But you missed the fact that one is on e-bay.
E-bay is a haven for folks with more money than sense.

Also... There is no image for the second offering. Only an "E-"
rating.
I wouldn't trust that either. Would you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

For Gods sake, why would anyone want either of them?

Possibly because anyone might have an Olympus camera

Eddie

For Gods sake, why would anyone want an Olympus camera?

Old October 22nd 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eddie

"Pete D" wrote in message

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after
a few too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Ah... But you missed the fact that one is on e-bay.
E-bay is a haven for folks with more money than sense.

Also... There is no image for the second offering. Only an "E-"
rating.
I wouldn't trust that either. Would you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

For Gods sake, why would anyone want either of them?

Possibly because anyone might have an Olympus camera

Eddie

For Gods sake, why would anyone want an Olympus camera?

Because I thought I'd like a change and whilst in Dubai bought one with it's
two lenses. Yes, I know, I should have bought the Canon and I think I should
have. Canon were not giving two lenses....not until I got back to Oz! Damn!
But, Olympus of old, FILM cameras were ok. I'll see how this goes. Yes, It
supposedly has a Kodak sensor which I would have laughed at, except for the
knowledge that Kodak provided sensors to Hassleblad for its digital back
(and Fuji for much of the other parts!). Just who can you trust anyway?
Nikon used to be the camera of choice for press. Now all of a sudden, here
in Oz at least, Canon digital is taking over!

Eddie

Old October 23rd 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Pete D wrote:

RichA wrote:
Wanna pay $800 for a cardboard box?

http://tinyurl.com/wmwbv

http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20235681.html

-Start your drinking early today, did ya?????

That looks very much like a lens to me... What's it look like after
a few too many beers???

2 lenses both 180mm f2.8 OM Zuikos. One $1000 the other $179.....One
comes with a box.

Ah... But you missed the fact that one is on e-bay.
E-bay is a haven for folks with more money than sense.

Also... There is no image for the second offering. Only an "E-"
rating.
I wouldn't trust that either. Would you?

www.pbase.com/markuson

For Gods sake, why would anyone want either of them?

Possibly because anyone might have an Olympus camera

Eddie

For Gods sake, why would anyone want an Olympus camera?

Because for some unknown reason, that person was never processed
through the Canon droid-making factory.

Old October 23rd 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dr Hfuhruhurr

RichA wrote:

Pete D wrote:

RichA wrote:
[...]

I was never processed through the Canon droid-making factory and bought
a Nikon.
Go figure.

Doc