Your comments are always appreciated (trying again)

Old October 25th 05, 05:15 AM
Richard Bornstein

Default Your comments are always appreciated (trying again)

Hi: I shot the following pictures with a Kodak LS753 camera. Your comments
are appreciated.

I hope it works, and doesn't just connect to a webshots blank page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/480100938UxNJpP

If that doesn't work, perhaps this will:
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...80100938UxNJpP
(just click on 'no thanks').

My wife says that i can sell some of my pictures, but in my opinion they
are nice, but there is alot of wonderful professionals out that there that
can beat these.

I tried posting the link before but it didn't work and reposted a corrected
link but it didn't seem to ever appear. Trying again. Hope it works.

Old October 25th 05, 05:56 AM
Jasen

"Richard Bornstein" wrote in message
Hi: I shot the following pictures with a Kodak LS753 camera. Your

comments
are appreciated.

I hope it works, and doesn't just connect to a webshots blank page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/480100938UxNJpP

If that doesn't work, perhaps this will:

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...80100938UxNJpP
(just click on 'no thanks').

My wife says that i can sell some of my pictures, but in my opinion they
are nice, but there is alot of wonderful professionals out that there that
can beat these.

I tried posting the link before but it didn't work and reposted a

corrected
link but it didn't seem to ever appear. Trying again. Hope it works.

don't listen to your wife. Just nod and say "yes dear".

Old October 25th 05, 06:23 AM
MarkČ

Richard Bornstein wrote:
Hi: I shot the following pictures with a Kodak LS753 camera. Your
comments are appreciated.

I hope it works, and doesn't just connect to a webshots blank page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/480100938UxNJpP

If that doesn't work, perhaps this will:
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...80100938UxNJpP
(just click on 'no thanks').

My wife says that i can sell some of my pictures, but in my opinion
they are nice, but there is alot of wonderful professionals out that
there that can beat these.

I would suggest that you sell them to your wife.

Old October 25th 05, 08:30 AM
Derek Fountain

My wife says that i can sell some of my pictures, but in my opinion they
are nice, but there is alot of wonderful professionals out that there that
can beat these.

Your wife is just being kind. They're just your holiday photos. Many are
washed out and undersaturated, and most are of subjects that might be
interesting to you personally but are totally dull to the independent
observer. I looked through the first 8 pages and couldn't find a single
one that had any real photographic or artistic merit. And if you really
want comments you can learn from, don't put up 165 images, put up 5.

Well, you did ask. Twice.
Old October 25th 05, 08:00 PM
Gormless

"Richard Bornstein" wrote in message

http://community.webshots.com/album/480100938UxNJpP

Nothing. I left it for several minutes.

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...80100938UxNJpP
(just click on 'no thanks').

Did that. "Service temporarily unavailable."

Old October 26th 05, 04:37 AM
Richard Bornstein

Thanks for all your comments. They were very much appreciated.

As for saturation, etc, i should say that all these pictures were not
adjusted in any way. Sorry bout the excess amount of pictures, i just
posted a link that had all the pics of that trip.

Old October 26th 05, 10:14 AM
Jasen

[...]

No worries. Keep trying and keep learning and you never know what you can
do later on.

Old October 26th 05, 02:23 PM
Roy

"Richard Bornstein" wrote in message
Hi: I shot the following pictures with a Kodak LS753 camera. Your
comments
are appreciated.

I hope it works, and doesn't just connect to a webshots blank page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/480100938UxNJpP

If that doesn't work, perhaps this will:
http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...80100938UxNJpP
(just click on 'no thanks').

My wife says that i can sell some of my pictures, but in my opinion they
are nice, but there is alot of wonderful professionals out that there that
can beat these.

I tried posting the link before but it didn't work and reposted a
corrected
link but it didn't seem to ever appear. Trying again. Hope it works.

Hi there.

You have had a few comments, and do not seem to be too upset about the
negative ones. That is good, think about what these posters have said, and
try to apply that advice to your next shoot.

The real difference between the "good" photographers and the rest, has a lot
to do with them keeping the "ordinary" stuff out of sight.

5 really good pics creates a much better impression than 165 which only
includes 5 good ones.

Roy G

Old October 26th 05, 04:05 PM
Jasen

"Richard Bornstein" wrote in message
Hi: I shot the following pictures with a Kodak LS753 camera. Your

comments
are appreciated.

I hope it works, and doesn't just connect to a webshots blank page.

http://community.webshots.com/album/480100938UxNJpP

If that doesn't work, perhaps this will:

http://cards.webshots.com/invite/pic...80100938UxNJpP
(just click on 'no thanks').

My wife says that i can sell some of my pictures, but in my opinion they
are nice, but there is alot of wonderful professionals out that there that
can beat these.

I tried posting the link before but it didn't work and reposted a

corrected
link but it didn't seem to ever appear. Trying again. Hope it works.

My further advice is to buy a few books or do a course on photography. Books
buy John Shaw on the art of nature photography are very good and are
available cheaply via
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...558890-8072119
Learn how to "see" a good image through the lens. Keep things simple and go
for good colour and clarity (black and white is much harder than colour)
Use the rule of thirds, very important, and if you must centralise the
subject, fill the frame with it, or at least enough that you can crop it
later. Use a polarising filter for landscapes as it will make them much
clearer with better contrast and colours. The image should be jumping out
at you if you want to sell it. Be your own hardest critic and throw out the
crap.
After all of that you should begin to get somewhere.
cheers
Jasen

Old October 26th 05, 04:34 PM
Jasen

sorry, that previous link doesn't work, try this one or just go to
www.amazon.com and search for "john shaw":

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books