Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Old April 4th 18, 04:47 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

After all,
"everyone" avoids taxes if they can, right?

everyone takes deductions and whatever else to *reduce* their taxes.

that's very different than *evasion*, which is illegal, and for the few
who do cheat on their taxes, they eventually get caught.

This must
be they key to how one buys a $1,200 phone with
a straight face.

further ignorance. new iphones start at $199 for mvnos.

and for those who can afford $1200, so what? it's their money and they
get to spend it any way they want. do you bash people who buy fancy
cars and houses?
Old April 4th 18, 04:47 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , RJH wrote:

no they don't. apple does *not* evade or avoid paying taxes. period.

They avoid paying tax. Period.

nope.

apple follows the tax code to reduce their tax liability, just like
other businesses and individuals do, which is not only legal, but smart
business.

There is no such thing as a 'tax code' in the sense you are using it.

yes there is, and it was just changed.

There's more than one way of paying, avoiding or evading tax.

those are three very different things, but so what?

apple pays their fair share, as does any well run business.
apple does not evade paying taxes, nor does any well run business.

a company or individual who evades paying taxes eventually gets caught.

apple does *not* fudge the numbers to avoid paying taxes. that's
illegal and stupid.

It obfuscates.

no.

apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
so.

What is this 'tax code'?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tax-code.asp
A tax code is a federal government document, numbering tens of
thousands of pages that details the rules individuals and businesses
must follow, in remitting a percentage of their incomes to the
federal government. The tax code is used as a source by tax lawyers
whom bear the responsibility of interpreting it for the public.

start he
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26

Nonsense. There is no law that says a company cannot pay tax at a full
and fair local rate.

public companies have a fiduciary obligation to their shareholders.

Ah, so it's not a 'law'. And it's not an obligation. Plenty, albeit a
minority, of companies do not act as Apple acts.

any business that pays more taxes than it legally owes is very poorly
run.

judge learned hand,
http://intltax.typepad.com/intltax_b...x-quotes-4-5.h
tml
Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best
pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase
one's taxes.
Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

May? Why not must, if it's 'the law'?

read it again.

My point remains - there's no legal obligation to avoid paying tax.

read it one more time.

here's a clue: there is no legal obligation to pay *more* tax than is
owed.

someone certainly can pay more if they really want, but that would be
incredibly stupid.

put your money where you mouth is.

call the irs and tell them you will be paying more tax than required
and *not* to process the extra as a refund (which is what normally
happens with any excess).

also, every time you see a discounted price in a store or online
vendor, tell them you want to pay the full price and to *remove* any
discounts. be sure to sort prices high to low, not the other way
around.

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?

paying *more* than what they legally owe is stupid.

do you pay more than what you owe?? do you take deductions?

No and yes.

then you're avoiding paying taxes.

you're a hypocrite.

I really do have a problem with Cook on this, and it's one of the few
occasions where he gets aggressive because he knows he's wrong.

he's not wrong. he's just a whole lot smarter than you are about how to
run a business.

he's wrong in the sense that he's arguing that what he's doing is
morally inconsistent. It isn't, and he knows it.

bull****.
Old April 4th 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
David B.[_2_]

On 04/04/2018 15:03, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:31:40 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

Just for you, since you are an Apple user who doesn't have technical
competency and hence you can only play silly semantic games, since you seem
to care a lot about what other people's headers say, I updated the headers
(just for you) to *Thunderbird version 99.9.9* and I matched your +1 time
zone to boot!

*Thank you*. :-)

--
David B.
Old April 4th 18, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
David B.[_2_]

On 04/04/2018 16:54, David B. wrote:
On 04/04/2018 15:03, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:31:40 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

Just for you, since you are an Apple user who doesn't have technical
competency and hence you can only play silly semantic games, since you
seem
to care a lot about what other people's headers say, I updated the
headers
(just for you) to *Thunderbird version* *99.9.9* and I matched your +1 time
zone to boot!

*Thank you*. :-)

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in Thunderbird.

HTH

--
David B.

Old April 4th 18, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in Thunderbird.

assuming that's actually true and not due to your own incompetence,
it's further evidence thunderbird is a piece of ****.
Old April 4th 18, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,microsoft.public.test.here
David B.[_2_]

On 04/04/2018 08:31, David B. wrote:
On 04/04/2018 04:23, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Tue, 03 Apr 2018 22:28:30 -0400, schrieb nospam:

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

hehhehheh .. *Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional
functionality.*

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

For your written script to appear emboldened in Thunderbird, you need to
adjust where you place the asterisk at the right-hand end, viz:-

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality*.

See Message-ID: for additional
information.

D.
Old April 5th 18, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:59:14 +0100, schrieb David B.:

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in Thunderbird.

Hi David B.

I may owe you a sincere heartfelt public apology.

Most, if not almost all, Apple posters always act like little children, and
they have for decades (it's the sole reason for all the Apple:Windows and
Apple:Linux and Apple:Android idiotic threads - since the Apple user almost
always acts like a fact-challenged child).

However, you seem to be different from the average Apple poster here.

What's *amazing* about you, which wouldn't be amazing for normal adults,
but for Apple users it's *astoundingly amazing*, is that you actually
provided a factual _reference_ in your posts.

Also, what's amazing is that you didn't use childish fifth-grade vitriol,
although I took your original comment about my old Thunderbird software as
a typical Apple bull**** response whenever asked a simple technical
question, which is that Apple users aren't competent whenever the question
involves an answer that Apple Marketing didn't give them.

So, I assumed you were playing the same silly semantic games that almost
all the incompetent Apple posters play, simply because they can never
answer even teh /simplest/ of technical questions.

Of course, this fact has been proven time and again with simple methods
such as asking the same question (as this one was) on the adult newsgroups
and on the Apple newsgroups - where what happens on the Apple newsgroups
is:

1. The posters act like children, almost every one, and,
2. They can't answer the technical question, so,
3. They quibble about silly semantic games (endlessly).

What's /shocking/ to me is that you did *not* play that endless game!

Remember, *all* the decades-long arguments are solely because of these
reasons above, since they only happen on Apple newsgroups and the silly
semantic games are always played by the non-technical Apple users.

As you know by now, I can change almost any header in this message that I
want since my Usenet reader is "vi" and the client is a bunch of shell
scripts that simply do a randomized lookup when I post (locked to the
thread topic and newsgroup for courtesy reasons).

So, having said all that by way of explanation, I owe you a public apology
because I had thought you were just playing the silly semantic games that
almost all Apple posters play (because they have no on-topic value).

In the end, despite your point being off topic, you handled the responses
much more like an adult would than most Apple posters would.

So, kudos to you for being like an adult, and sincere heartfelt apologies
from me for assuming you were just another technically incompetent Apple
baby who could do nothing but silly semantic games.

Mea culpa.
I apologize for not treating you as an adult would.
Old April 5th 18, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Ragnusen Ultred

Am Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:53:33 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Wow, but you're tedious little twit.

This is a note to David B., which is that *this* post above, from Alan
Baker, is how Apple users react to simple questions.

That's why I had assumed you were a similar child, since I've been on
Usenet for decades, where the Apple user is almost always incapable of
answering even the /simplest/ of questions, and where that Apple user
always responds with hateful vitriol to facts.

It's *always* the Apple poster acting like a child, which is why I was
surprised David B. when you acted like an adult.

My sincere apologies to David B., where he may understand the frustration
that intelligent adults have with the average Apple poster such as Alan
Baker is.
Old April 5th 18, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Alan Baker

On 2018-04-04 6:00 PM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:53:33 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Wow, but you're tedious little twit.

This is a note to David B., which is that *this* post above, from Alan
Baker, is how Apple users react to simple questions.

No, "Ragnusen".

It's how I react to tedious little twits, twit.
Old April 5th 18, 02:46 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Diesel

"David B."
Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:37:24 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

snip for brevity only
That a rather sad tale. :-(

It sounds as if you've been doing this alone, rather than with a
group of like-minded folk.

Have you ever considered joining a professional 'team' and earn a
living in a more straight-forward manner?

WARNING!

This is a classic David Brooks method of initiating with a future
stalking victim. See he

Don't become the next David Brooks cyberstalking victim!
Visit https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php (10/10 WOT)
to learn more. If you've already become a victim or know someone who
has, you can provide the following information to them, your lawyer,
local law enforcement, etc.
https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk - His local police. Report?
David Brooks (BoaterDave)
Jersey Cottage 86 Granary Lane
Budleigh Salterton Devon EX9 6ER United Kingdom
Phone: 44-1395-443340 (H) 07974-193550 (M)
Email(s): ,