A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 14th 18, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,500
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

https://youtu.be/PlcDc-6qEnw

--
Regards,
Savageduck

  #2  
Old September 15th 18, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,325
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 09:45:04 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

https://youtu.be/PlcDc-6qEnw


Very true.

I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #3  
Old September 15th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,790
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:


I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.


luck.
  #4  
Old September 15th 18, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,500
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Sep 14, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:


I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.


luck.


Those selfie shooters should have such luck.

  #5  
Old September 15th 18, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 406
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On 09/14/2018 08:11 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 09:45:04 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

https://youtu.be/PlcDc-6qEnw


Very true.

I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

He had lackies to reload his film.


--
Ken Hart

  #6  
Old September 15th 18, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 586
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

Eric Stevens:
I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.


Ken Hart:
He had lackies to reload his film.


It is likely that he had one or more paid assistants. "Lackies" seems
to be unnecessarily pejorative. Photographers today hire people to
assist them with lighting, schlepping, and whatnot. The wedding
photographer depicted here has two assistants for a location
shoot‹unless he was also assisted by the photographer who shot the
advertising photos, in which case it was three assistants. That is not
atypical
https://profoto.com/us/profoto-stori...ee-engagement-
and-wedding-portraits.

William Henry Jackson also photographed his assistant
https://www.loc.gov/resource/det.4a26901/ in the 19th century.

--
I agree with almost everything that you have said and almost everything that
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
  #7  
Old September 19th 18, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,325
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:45:28 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 15 September 2018 22:21:48 UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
Eric Stevens:
I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.


Ken Hart:
He had lackies to reload his film.


It is likely that he had one or more paid assistants. "Lackies" seems
to be unnecessarily pejorative. Photographers today hire people to
assist them with lighting, schlepping, and whatnot. The wedding
photographer depicted here has two assistants for a location
shoot?nless he was also assisted by the photographer who shot the
advertising photos, in which case it was three assistants. That is not
atypical
https://profoto.com/us/profoto-stori...ee-engagement-
and-wedding-portraits.

William Henry Jackson also photographed his assistant
https://www.loc.gov/resource/det.4a26901/ in the 19th century.



I reckon the bloke with that 1,400 pound camera must have had some assistance.


Actually, he had some assistants.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
  #8  
Old September 20th 18, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12,325
Default Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 04:01:20 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 05:20:21 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:45:28 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 15 September 2018 22:21:48 UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
Eric Stevens:
I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

Ken Hart:
He had lackies to reload his film.

It is likely that he had one or more paid assistants. "Lackies" seems
to be unnecessarily pejorative. Photographers today hire people to
assist them with lighting, schlepping, and whatnot. The wedding
photographer depicted here has two assistants for a location
shoot?nless he was also assisted by the photographer who shot the
advertising photos, in which case it was three assistants. That is not
atypical
https://profoto.com/us/profoto-stori...ee-engagement-
and-wedding-portraits.

William Henry Jackson also photographed his assistant
https://www.loc.gov/resource/det.4a26901/ in the 19th century.



I reckon the bloke with that 1,400 pound camera must have had some assistance.


Actually, he had some assistants.


Did these assistants take the photo ?
There's a differnce between assistants and having assistance.


I don't know about the 'taking' but apparently they did develop the
image with the aid of a bucket and mop.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[OT] Camera Wars, or maybe On Topic, after all Mike[_25_] Digital SLR Cameras 2 May 19th 11 05:18 PM
[OT] Camera Wars, or maybe On Topic, after all Mike[_25_] Digital Photography 0 May 19th 11 01:02 AM
Camera Choice - further thoughts William Marshall Digital SLR Cameras 12 January 23rd 07 12:13 AM
[Q:] Sony DSC-W1 Anybody use this camera yet? Any thoughts? Bob Roetker Digital Photography 0 June 28th 04 07:19 PM
[Q:] Sony DSC-W1 Anybody use this camera yet? Any thoughts? unavailable 35mm Photo Equipment 2 June 28th 04 07:19 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.