Camera Wars and Mirrorless Battles

Old September 16th 18, 04:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Camera Wars and Mirrorless Battles

What a load (two loads, in fact) of nonsense! I'm not at war with
anyone over anything, not fighting any battles over mirrors. I use
cameras that make good photos and that have good ergonomics‹they feel
comfortable in my hands. Beyond that, I don't give a rat's knobby
little kneecaps whether it has a mirror or not, or if it's built into a
smartphone, or who manufactured it. Judging from the amazing variety of
cameras I see making great photos on Flickr, it's pretty hard to buy a
camera today that can't make good photos. It's a camera. Pick it up and
go make some photos.

--
you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old September 16th 18, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 15, 2018, Davoud wrote
(in article ):

What a load (two loads, in fact) of nonsense! I'm not at war with
anyone over anything, not fighting any battles over mirrors. I use
cameras that make good photos and that have good ergonomics‹they feel
comfortable in my hands. Beyond that, I don't give a rat's knobby
little kneecaps whether it has a mirror or not, or if it's built into a
smartphone, or who manufactured it. Judging from the amazing variety of
cameras I see making great photos on Flickr, it's pretty hard to buy a
camera today that can't make good photos. It's a camera. Pick it up and
go make some photos.

This is more a war/battle over market share rather than camera type. The
quality, and capability of any modern camera, be it Smart phone, M43, MILC, or
DSLR, and the quality of images they produce regardless of the individuals using
them aside, they are all commodities. Their manufacturers are the ones battling
for a piece of a rapidly evolving market. The two market leaders Nikon, and
Canon have an interloper eroding their share of the total market in Sony and
their FF MILCs. They have girded for a marketing war in the FF MILC arena.
Neither Nikon, nor Canon is happy about losing market share from their FF DSLR
sales to the upstart Sony. So in the last few days we have seen over-hyped
releases of FF MILCs from Nikon, and Canon.

They do not seem to be too troubled by the likes of Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax,
or Fujifilm regardless of those who are contented users of those brand, or the
release of the ASP-C Fujifilm X-T3. That might be arrogant, corporate
indifference. However, I believe they will be scrambling to deal with the
affordable MF GFX 50MP, and soon to be announced GFX 100MP cameras.

As for me, I am quite content shooting APS-C Fujifilm cameras, with occasional
shots taken with my iPhone.