"weather"/spray resistant covers...

Old December 7th 05, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default "weather"/spray resistant covers...

Does anyone know of a weather and/or spray resistant camera
and lens covers for the Canon 20D? I thought I'd seen a reference
to one here a few weeks back, but Google is not helping.

Old December 8th 05, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I've heard some good things about stormjackets - www.stormjacket.com.
I ordered one but don't have it yet.

Brian

Old December 8th 05, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Brian wrote:

I've heard some good things about stormjackets - www.stormjacket.com.
I ordered one but don't have it yet.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that's the one I was looking for...
I've bookmarked the page, this time!

I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you.
Old December 8th 05, 12:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Philip Bailey wrote:

Does anyone know of a weather and/or spray resistant camera
and lens covers for the Canon 20D? I thought I'd seen a reference
to one here a few weeks back, but Google is not helping.

Search under Camera+raincoat...that is how I found mine and it works
well...don't remember the brand...
Old December 8th 05, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Philip Bailey wrote:
Does anyone know of a weather and/or spray resistant camera
and lens covers for the Canon 20D? I thought I'd seen a reference
to one here a few weeks back, but Google is not helping.

Use the cheapo, see-through plastic shower cap from your hotel room.
It's thin enough to use the controls THROUGH...has an elastic closure that
tightens around the lens barrel...is free...travels well (always in my
bag)...and works a charm!

Don't leave home without it!
-Mark

Old December 8th 05, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Philip Bailey wrote:
Does anyone know of a weather and/or spray resistant camera
and lens covers for the Canon 20D? I thought I'd seen a reference
to one here a few weeks back, but Google is not helping.

A UV or clear glass filter and a nice zip lock bag works well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Old December 8th 05, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

MarkČ wrote:

Philip Bailey wrote:

Does anyone know of a weather and/or spray resistant camera
and lens covers for the Canon 20D? I thought I'd seen a reference
to one here a few weeks back, but Google is not helping.

Use the cheapo, see-through plastic shower cap from your hotel room.
It's thin enough to use the controls THROUGH...has an elastic closure that
tightens around the lens barrel...is free...travels well (always in my
bag)...and works a charm!

Don't leave home without it!
-Mark

That's a interesting "field expedient"... I'll have to try and
remember to "collect" a couple. Unfortunately, I don't get to
hotels very often!

Thanks!
Old December 8th 05, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Ewa-marine makes plastic jackets with glass filters, good down to 30ft
under water.

Tom

Old December 8th 05, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"tomm101" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ewa-marine makes plastic jackets with glass filters, good down to 30ft
under water.

Tom

Good idea, but they're not exactly given ;-)
Marcel

Old December 8th 05, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
m...
Philip Bailey wrote:
Does anyone know of a weather and/or spray resistant camera
and lens covers for the Canon 20D? I thought I'd seen a reference
to one here a few weeks back, but Google is not helping.

A UV or clear glass filter and a nice zip lock bag works well.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Joseph,
That ziplock idea is great. I just tried my Rebel XT with the 18-75mm lens
for size, it fits perfectly. I put a few bags in my camera bag and intend to
use in winter, before going into the house from the cold.
Marcel