SmugMug vs ???

Old January 24th 13, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ps56k[_3_]

Default SmugMug vs ???

I've used SmugMug for posting my vacation and school sporting events online.
It of course costs a yearly fee.

I'm wondering if the landscape has changed from when I joined SmugMug
several years ago,
and I should jump ship to one of the other services ?
I seem to recall a financial report that indicated one of those services
picked up the Kodak Sharing website,
and also seemed to offer a variety of features like creating photo
books/albums from the online gallery.

--
/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
No Good Deed -

Old January 25th 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_4_]

On 01/24/2013 04:30 PM, ps56k wrote:
I've used SmugMug for posting my vacation and school sporting events online.
It of course costs a yearly fee.

I'm wondering if the landscape has changed from when I joined SmugMug
several years ago,
and I should jump ship to one of the other services ?
I seem to recall a financial report that indicated one of those services
picked up the Kodak Sharing website,
and also seemed to offer a variety of features like creating photo
books/albums from the online gallery.

I know someone who uses SmugMug and it's fine...however just be sure to
check your options.

She sells photos through it, but in error allowed users to download full
resolution images...so if you do not want people to steal your property
be sure to just allow low-res.

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686
Old January 25th 13, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob

On 25/01/2013 11:44 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/24/2013 04:30 PM, ps56k wrote:
I've used SmugMug for posting my vacation and school sporting events
online.
It of course costs a yearly fee.

I'm wondering if the landscape has changed from when I joined SmugMug
several years ago,
and I should jump ship to one of the other services ?
I seem to recall a financial report that indicated one of those services
picked up the Kodak Sharing website,
and also seemed to offer a variety of features like creating photo
books/albums from the online gallery.

I know someone who uses SmugMug and it's fine...however just be sure to
check your options.

She sells photos through it, but in error allowed users to download full
resolution images...so if you do not want people to steal your property
be sure to just allow low-res.

Stealing photos is becoming a huge problem. places like flicker, smugmug
etc people thinks there all free to download. You can still download
image even with the transparent layer.
Old January 25th 13, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:30:18 -0600, "ps56k"
wrote:

I've used SmugMug for posting my vacation and school sporting events online.
It of course costs a yearly fee.

I'm wondering if the landscape has changed from when I joined SmugMug
several years ago,
and I should jump ship to one of the other services ?
I seem to recall a financial report that indicated one of those services
picked up the Kodak Sharing website,
and also seemed to offer a variety of features like creating photo
books/albums from the online gallery.

You don't really say what your needs are. Are you using a pro account
to sell prints? If not maybe consider your own web site hosted
somewhere? Hosting providers are now beginning to embrace cloud
services as well which could be included in your hosting cost.
Old January 27th 13, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Rob wrote:

Stealing photos is becoming a huge problem. places like flicker, smugmug
etc people thinks there all free to download. You can still download
image even with the transparent layer.

If you can see it, you can save it. No way round it.

You can however make it more difficult and tell people you
don't want that, that it's illegal and how to contact you to
get copies.

-Wolfgang