Photoshop shortcuts (I know it's a binary but it's useful!)

Old February 5th 05, 09:25 AM
SleeperMan

Default Photoshop shortcuts (I know it's a binary but it's useful!)

stewy wrote:
Folks
Perhaps the enclosed binary may be useful if you're fiddling with
Adobe Photoshop regulary.
Please keep flames to a minimum...

Could you (or someone) tell me if it's worthed to get (and learn) photoshop
instead of Paint Shop Pro?
I use PSP now for working with photos, i tried photoshop a couple of times,
but i'm kinda...lost in it.
Then, is this new photoshop elements also good or is it lacking some
functions?

Old February 5th 05, 10:37 AM
Stewy

"SleeperMan" wrote:

stewy wrote:
Folks
Perhaps the enclosed binary may be useful if you're fiddling with
Adobe Photoshop regulary.
Please keep flames to a minimum...

Could you (or someone) tell me if it's worthed to get (and learn) photoshop
instead of Paint Shop Pro?
I use PSP now for working with photos, i tried photoshop a couple of times,
but i'm kinda...lost in it.
Then, is this new photoshop elements also good or is it lacking some
functions?

I've always used Photoshop from version 5LE so I guess I'm familiar with
it and not with Paint Shop Pro - I don't see any reason to switch.
As for value, PSP IS a lot cheaper and many people swear by it. I do
think Adobe has a snooty image of their products (take the debacle with
Type 1 fonts) Elements is basically a cut down version 6 and is quite
adequate for 99% of the users needs. I wouldn't use it as I'm used to
the features of version 7. I think you should stick with software that
works for you and forget about the rest.
Old February 5th 05, 11:13 AM
SleeperMan

Stewy wrote:
In article ,
"SleeperMan" wrote:

stewy wrote:
[...]

Thanks for info!

Old February 5th 05, 03:47 PM
Eric Gill

stewy wrote in :

Folks
Perhaps the enclosed binary may be useful if you're fiddling with Adobe
Photoshop regulary.
Please keep flames to a minimum...

Why? You've posted a poor scan of copyrighted material to a non-binaries
newsgroup.

"Usefulness" doesn't excuse you; it's a very lame chart, and people such as
the redoubtable Trevor Morris have done much better without violating
Netiquette.

http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirect.html

"Photoshop" menu item, though there's a crapload of other amazingly useful
stuff there.

Old February 5th 05, 05:14 PM
Ron Hunter

SleeperMan wrote:
stewy wrote:

Folks
Perhaps the enclosed binary may be useful if you're fiddling with
Adobe Photoshop regulary.
Please keep flames to a minimum...

Could you (or someone) tell me if it's worthed to get (and learn) photoshop
instead of Paint Shop Pro?
I use PSP now for working with photos, i tried photoshop a couple of times,
but i'm kinda...lost in it.
Then, is this new photoshop elements also good or is it lacking some
functions?

Elements is, of course, lacking some features of Photoshop CS. However,
it also includes an organizer, and has a few features, such as a very
useful auto smart-fix. MOST of the time, this will be all the editing
you need to do. It has about 90% of the editing power of Photoshop CS,
but lacks such things as 'actions', and other features needed by
professionals. On the other hand, you can find it for $50 to $80 (US).

--
Ron Hunter
Old February 5th 05, 05:15 PM
Ron Hunter

Stewy wrote:
In article ,
"SleeperMan" wrote:

stewy wrote:

[...]

I think you need to take a look at PSE 3.0. Cut down Version 6, it aint.

--
Ron Hunter
Old February 9th 05, 01:35 AM
Stewy

Eric Gill wrote:

stewy wrote in :

Folks
Perhaps the enclosed binary may be useful if you're fiddling with Adobe
Photoshop regulary.
Please keep flames to a minimum...

Why? You've posted a poor scan of copyrighted material to a non-binaries
newsgroup.

"Usefulness" doesn't excuse you; it's a very lame chart, and people such as
the redoubtable Trevor Morris have done much better without violating
Netiquette.

What was lame about it? Too small? Too compressed? Not detailed enough?
Pray tell...

Meanwhile thanks for the link. However I wouldn't describe Trevor
Morris's site as a load of crap.

Old February 9th 05, 02:24 AM
Eric Gill

Stewy wrote in
:

In article ,
Eric Gill wrote:

stewy wrote in
:

Folks
Perhaps the enclosed binary may be useful if you're fiddling with
Adobe Photoshop regulary.
Please keep flames to a minimum...

Why? You've posted a poor scan of copyrighted material to a
non-binaries newsgroup.

"Usefulness" doesn't excuse you; it's a very lame chart, and people
such as the redoubtable Trevor Morris have done much better without
violating Netiquette.

What was lame about it? Too small? Too compressed? Not detailed
enough? Pray tell...

Not very useful. Photoshop has dozens of shortcuts.

That's before we address violation of netiquette and copyright law.

Meanwhile thanks for the link. However I wouldn't describe Trevor
Morris's site as a load of crap.

What part of the world are you from that the vernacular "crapload"
literally means "a load of crap" instead of "a lot?"

Old February 14th 05, 01:36 AM
Stewy

Eric Gill wrote:

Stewy wrote in
:

In article ,
Eric Gill wrote:

stewy wrote in
:

[...]

The english speaking world. If you want to be misunderstood please
continue to use ****load crapload arseload or whatever.
Old February 14th 05, 02:10 AM
Eric Gill

Stewy wrote in news:anyone4tennis-
:

In article ,
Eric Gill wrote:

Stewy wrote in
:

In article ,
Eric Gill wrote:

stewy wrote in
:

[...]

Uh-huh.

http://www.google.com/search?
hl=en&q=crapload+definition&btnG=Google+Search

Are you able to read for comprehension?

If you want to be misunderstood please
continue to use ****load crapload arseload or whatever.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...e=off&c2coff=1
&q=crapload&btnG=Search

50,000+ hits.

Looks like the problem here is you, bud.