Who's left in the E6 biz?

Old September 3rd 04, 02:32 AM

Default Who's left in the E6 biz?

Who's still producing E6 film. Here's my attempt at a comprehensive
list:

Kodak
Fuji
Konica
Agfa
Ferrania

Any Eastern European E6 producers? Or any others?

Old September 4th 04, 01:09 AM
Gregory Blank

Hum wonder if its reboxed Fomapan R Made in the Czech Republic?
Anyway Fomapan R is cool stuff.

In article ,
(ChrisPlatt) wrote:

On 9/2/04
(Steven Sawyer) wrote:

Any Eastern European E6 producers?
Or any others?

Macochrome UCR100 127 E-6 color slide film
says "Made in E.C." on the box...

Excelsior, you fatheads!
-Chris-

--
LF Website @
http://members.verizon.net/~gregoryblank

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old September 4th 04, 02:19 AM
Roman J. Rohleder

Gregory Blank schrieb:

Macochrome UCR100 127 E-6 color slide film
says "Made in E.C." on the box...

Maco doesnīt coat for themselves, itīs some bulk stock cut down.

Hum wonder if its reboxed Fomapan R Made in the Czech Republic?

No. certainly not.

Macochrome is Color, E6, Fomapan R is probably some kind of bw movie
stock and not available in sizes beyond 135.

Anyway Fomapan R is cool stuff.

Indeed - good sharpness and grain, nice tone, and stunning latitude
for a slide film.

Gruss, Roman
--
"A man should always keep two things in mind:
one is that he is a fool; the other is that he is going to die."

Old September 14th 04, 08:03 PM
Donald Qualls

Roman J. Rohleder wrote:

Gregory Blank schrieb:

Macochrome is Color, E6, Fomapan R is probably some kind of bw movie
stock and not available in sizes beyond 135.

This is confirmed, and further it cannot be developed to a negative in
conventional B&W processing due to a colloidal silver antihalation
layer. The only practical way I know of to get a negative from Fomapan
R is to develop in a color developer with the same black dye couplers
used in XP2 or BW400CN type C-41 B&W films, then bleach and fix as for
C-41. For B&W positives, of course, you use the regular first dev,
non-halogenating bleach, reversal exposure, second dev, fix process that
would produce a positive on any B&W material -- but the bleach step is
mandatory to remove the silver AH layer.

Anyway Fomapan R is cool stuff.

Indeed - good sharpness and grain, nice tone, and stunning latitude
for a slide film.

Never tried it, but I might have to get a short roll and try it in my
Minolta 16 cameras once I have the resources to do reversal processing
-- using Diafine for a first dev should give EI 160 to 200, and grain
would be determined by the second dev, which could be a super-fine grain
soup like Microdol-X or Ilfosol.

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.

Old September 14th 04, 09:24 PM
Gregory Blank

In article . net,
Donald Qualls wrote:

Roman J. Rohleder wrote:

Gregory Blank schrieb:

[...]

Or you could send it to Duggal in NYC I highly recommend them.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918