Info needed on old slide projector

Old August 1st 03, 04:11 PM
joeB

Default Info needed on old slide projector

I just came across an old Kodak Carousel 860 slide projector and it's
missing the power cord. It looks like it's a proprietary cord. Anybody
have one of these units?? Can a power cord be made for it. I can't find
anything on the Kodak site. Thanks.

Old August 1st 03, 05:54 PM
Alan Browne

William Graham wrote:
joeB wrote in message

I just came across an old Kodak Carousel 860 slide projector and

it's

missing the power cord. It looks like it's a proprietary cord. Anybody
have one of these units?? Can a power cord be made for it. I can't find
anything on the Kodak site. Thanks.

Sure.....Easy to do. Just use an extension cord like you would find in a
hardware store. Dyke off the female end, and connect the wires to the

"Dyke off the female end..." ??? Uh, forget it, I don't want to know!

Old August 1st 03, 09:19 PM
William Graham

Alan Browne wrote in message

William Graham wrote:
joeB wrote in message

I just came across an old Kodak Carousel 860 slide projector and

it's

missing the power cord. It looks like it's a proprietary cord. Anybody
have one of these units?? Can a power cord be made for it. I can't

find
anything on the Kodak site. Thanks.

Sure.....Easy to do. Just use an extension cord like you would find in a
hardware store. Dyke off the female end, and connect the wires to the

"Dyke off the female end..." ??? Uh, forget it, I don't want to know!

Yeah.....I probably misspelled, "dyke". - It's slang for, "diagonal
cutters". And the, "female end" of the extension cord is the end opposite
the one with the plug than plugs into the, "mains". US Technician
slang........

Old August 1st 03, 10:15 PM
Allan Brown

The cord has the same fitting as most electric knives and a few other
kitchen items. Go to your local Goodwill store and you will find the cords
for 25 to 50 cents.

Allan