SL66 film back

Old March 7th 04, 09:01 AM
Serge Korolev

Default SL66 film back

Hello,

A few months ago I bought my first MF camera, an used SL66, and since
then it work very well for me. However, at the moment when I decided
to look for a spare film back, I discovered that the slide on the back
attached to the camera is missing and so it cannot be separated from
the camera body.

The question is that would it be possible to find or to order this
part somewhere? Or the solution is only to find another back, use its
slide to detach the one I have and throw it away?

Serge
Old March 7th 04, 11:00 AM
Martin Jangowski

Serge Korolev wrote:

The question is that would it be possible to find or to order this
part somewhere? Or the solution is only to find another back, use its
slide to detach the one I have and throw it away?

They are seen on ebay from time to time, cost about $20.

Martin
Old March 7th 04, 06:42 PM
Christopher Bush

I used to have an SL66, and if I remember correctly, there is a slide holder
slot on the underside. Might want to check and make sure it's not in there.

--
Christopher Bush
http://www.christopherbush.com

m...

Old March 7th 04, 10:22 PM
Serge Korolev

Martin Jangowski wrote:
The question is that would it be possible to find or to order this
part somewhere? Or the solution is only to find another back, use
its slide to detach the one I have and throw it away?

They are seen on ebay from time to time, cost about $20.

Thanks Martin,

I am in Italy and the preliminary search at eBay.it was't very
successful until figured out the thing's German name and pick it up
new from a reseller in your country!

Serge
Old March 7th 04, 10:28 PM
Serge Korolev

"Christopher Bush" wrote:
I used to have an SL66, and if I remember correctly, there is a slide holder
slot on the underside. Might want to check and make sure it's not in there.

Yeap, just tryed to look it up right there after some minutes of
meditating over the instruction manual. The only thing I found is a
flat hole in the place where slide supposed to be
Thanks for your concern anyway,

Serge
Old March 9th 04, 02:37 AM
Bob G

A few months ago I bought my first MF camera, an used SL66, and since
then it work very well for me. However, at the moment when I decided
to look for a spare film back, I discovered that the slide on the back
attached to the camera is missing and so it cannot be separated from
the camera body.

Why not make your own?
There should be suitable material to be found somewhere, easily cut to shape.
Don't force it in, but use trial and error and eventually it should work.
Aluminum might do the trick.

Bob G
Old March 9th 04, 12:25 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, Bob G posted:

A few months ago I bought my first MF camera, an used SL66, and since
then it work very well for me. However, at the moment when I decided
to look for a spare film back, I discovered that the slide on the
back attached to the camera is missing and so it cannot be separated
from the camera body.

Why not make your own?
There should be suitable material to be found somewhere, easily cut
to shape. Don't force it in, but use trial and error and eventually
it should work. Aluminum might do the trick.

Nothing like substituting $50 worth of labor for spending $20 for the
part, eh? ;-)

Neil