Preserve Android meta-data

Old June 30th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

Default Preserve Android meta-data ::::Solved:::

On 29-Jun-17 9:49 PM, philo wrote:
On 06/27/2017 10:23 AM, philo wrote:
Just returned home from a wonderful vacation to Europe and got some
great photos on my Android LG- G6

On the device when I examine photo details I ma given a slew of info.
In addition to shutter speed and f-stop I get the exact date and time
plus exact street address, city and country.

When I copy the images to my Win10 PC using ...Photoshop CS-6...
though much of the meta-data is preserved for GPS location I get the
latitude and longitude but do not get the actual street address , city
and country is is present on the Android.

Anyone here know how to preserve all the camera's meta-data ?

thanks

I looked that the EXIF data using IrFanView and am able to open up the
exact location in Open Street, Google Earth or Google Maps.

Super great free program.

I once sent Irfan a contribution and for sure I am going to do so again.

I am very pleased

Great news all round! :-)

--
Sometimes man stumbles over the truth. (W.Churchill)
Old July 13th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Preserve Android meta-data

In article , philo
wrote:

Just returned home from a wonderful vacation to Europe and got some
great photos on my Android LG- G6

On the device when I examine photo details I ma given a slew of info. In
addition to shutter speed and f-stop I get the exact date and time plus
exact street address, city and country.

When I copy the images to my Win10 PC using ...Photoshop CS-6... though
much of the meta-data is preserved for GPS location I get the latitude
and longitude but do not get the actual street address , city and
country is is present on the Android.

Anyone here know how to preserve all the camera's meta-data ?

thanks

The camera meta data should follow in transfer. You can check what's in
the Exif on the device that with the PhotoExif app. With it you can also
ad stuff like copyright info on the go, if you want to post to the web
or social media directly from your device...

My guess is that the viewer of the device provides the humanly readable
address.
--
teleportation kills
Old August 1st 17, 10:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

"Mayayana" news Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:56:57 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/gmapkit.php5

Nifty little app. Your website seems to be very outdated in some areas
though...

'And remember: if you don't like the news, go out and make some of your
own.'