New Mandate: 46.8 Degrees; due Januray 17th, 2010

Old December 20th 09, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

Default New Mandate: 46.8 Degrees; due Januray 17th, 2010

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:30:08 -0500, tony cooper
wrote:
: On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:52:29 -0000, "whisky-dave"
: wrote:
:
:
: "tony cooper" wrote in message
: .. .
: On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:53:56 -0500, "Bowser" wrote:
:
: Testament to the stupidity of our system of idolizing athletes and
: entertainers. Truly bizzare that we make millionaires out of people who
: contribute nothing to society.
:
: We disagree there. While I feel the compensation to athletes is
: excessive, it's pure supply and demand.
:
: Yep, that's true but I really donl;t understand where all the money comes
: from.
:
: From us, in the basic sense. A team's income is from radio and
: television contracts, ticket sales, and merchandise sales...in that
: order. The radio and television networks recoup their costs by
: selling time to advertisers, and advertisers recoup those costs by
: selling products. You buy the products, the tickets, and the team
: merchandise.
:
: Whether or not you buy the brand of beer advertised, a ticket to see a
: match, or a coffee mug with the team logo on it is immaterial.
: There's tangible evidence that enough do that we know the system
: works.
:
: From my POV I find it amazing that some people care enough about a team
: to pay X amount to watch them play.
:
: That's so, but I'll guarantee that you spend money on something that I
: would never spend a dime on.

Some might claim that anyone who spends what we do on camera equipment is
certifiably insane.

Bob
Old December 20th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

wrote:
: On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:52:29 -0000, "whisky-dave"
: wrote:
:
:
[...]

Fortunately for me, we have a friend who bought a nice BMW and spends
money on things like performance tires for when he drives fast at
events. I can just point to him and show my wife that _my_ insane
hobby isn't nearly so expensive. :-)

--
Ray Fischer