Conventional lenses in digital cameras

Old August 16th 05, 12:58 AM
admin

Default Conventional lenses in digital cameras

(reposted to proper forum)

I'm new on this forum so hi to everybody. I'd like to share with you
all opinions and experiences within this world so I hope we can help
each other.

My doubt is the following: I recently bought a SLR digital camera
(minolta 7D) so I intend to buy quality lenses for it. My idea is to
cover the 28-150 (at least) range (if we consider the 1.5 crop factor)
with two lenses.

Everybody agrees that new sigma 18-50 f 2.8 is a superb lens so I just
need a lens to cover the rest of the range. I heard many good things
about tamron sp 24-135 3.5-4.5 and 28-105 f2.8: my concern is how this
lenses would perform when attached to a digital camera in terms of
sharpness, contrast, color rendition, etc.

I'd very appreciate your opinion about these lenses or any other
suggested to use in a SLR digital camera.

Raśl.

--
admin
Old August 16th 05, 02:49 AM
Toa

I'm new on this forum so hi to everybody. I'd like to share with you

Welcome aboard

My doubt is the following: I recently bought a SLR digital camera
(minolta 7D) so I intend to buy quality lenses for it. My idea is to

Good camera, I also have one

cover the 28-150 (at least) range (if we consider the 1.5 crop factor)
with two lenses.

Consider the Sigma 18-125. I have heard some rather good comments about it.

Also if you want to get off to a cheap start (lens wise) go to your local
auction website (eg www.ebay.com) and look for anyone selling a Minolta
Dynax (*or Maxxum) 500si or similar. The lenses snap right on.

Also, go here

Good forum specifically for KM SLR users

Toa