Comet McNaught photo

Old January 22nd 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jmc

Default Comet McNaught photo

Posting for comments. The photos I took tonight were my first attempt
at night photography with my new Rebel XTi. Comet McNaught is fading,
but still visible in the Australian sky, despite a certain amount of
dust haze:

http://www.jodi.ws/blog/2007/01/comet-mcnaught.html

Comments welcome!

Anybody else get pictures of the comet?

Jodi
Old January 22nd 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Just D

50mm is not the best choice for this shot but I understand that you had no a
better choice.

If I knew about the comet earlier... I could try it with 200mm, but I
didn't.

Just D.
http://members.cox.net/dshvetsov/pictures.htm

Old January 22nd 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ErrolC

jmc wrote:
Posting for comments. The photos I took tonight were my first attempt
at night photography with my new Rebel XTi. Comet McNaught is fading,
but still visible in the Australian sky, despite a certain amount of
dust haze:

http://www.jodi.ws/blog/2007/01/comet-mcnaught.html

Comments welcome!

Anybody else get pictures of the comet?

Yes, but the ones in the paper are better! This is mainly due to light
pollution where I was. There has been a lot a cloud around, and I
didn't fancy an hour's drive into the country on the off-chance I could
see it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10420247

Errol Cavit | "We can ridicule someof those earlier
interpretations, but we need to recognise that they were commonly
regarded as the 'truth', and were backed by the most rigorous and
sophisticated scholarship of the time - claims we commonly make about
ourselves today." KR Howe, The Quest for Origins.