GUI of the future, Part 2 :-)

Old March 28th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default GUI of the future, Part 2 :-)

http://tauquil.com/archives/2006/01/...windows-vista/

This was too funny. I especially liked the presentation on Vista's
photo management tool.

These three videos are the audio of Microsoft's presentation of Vista
(delayed now until 2007), but the screens show something a little
different.

Old March 28th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

cjcampbell wrote:
http://tauquil.com/archives/2006/01/...windows-vista/

In case you can't reach the link directly:

http://tinyurl.com/bym89

Old March 28th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Holy ****, that was some funny stuff! You're right, part three, with the pic
of Bill Gates perched on the desktop was just too much.

You know what amazes me, all great humor aside? MS takes years to even copy
someone elses's work. You would think, once the initial work has been done
that copying Tiger wouldn't be so damned hard. But, given that Vista is
pushed back to next year, I guess it is. Then again, maybe all those MS
reorgs that took place recently point to a larger problem inside MS.

ups.com...

Old March 29th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Kinon O'cann wrote:
Holy ****, that was some funny stuff! You're right, part three, with the pic
of Bill Gates perched on the desktop was just too much.

I thought the mug shots from New Mexico were the best. :-)

What scares me... I remember Microsoft's offices from the era of that
desktop picture.