Why Are There So Many Gay Photographers?

Old March 22nd 05, 06:11 AM
Mack the Knife

Default Why Are There So Many Gay Photographers?

I went into the Sammy's Camera Store in Santa Barbara a few years ago
and it was pretty crowded with customers and employees. Suddenly I
realized that every single guy in there except for myself seemed to be
gay or at least gave a really good impression of it. They were
swishing around the store and lisping away and I was left wondering
what had happened to the town where I once lived. It's no secret that
there has always been a certain percentage of gays amongst
photographers, perhaps greater than their numbers in the population as
a whole, but this was kind of, well, shocking. What do you suppose
there is about photography that attracts gay men and why do they
presumably do reasonably well in the field? For one thing, photography
requires a great deal of manual dexterity and attention to detail. And
there is a lot of pseudo-intellectual, phony bull**** in its various
disciplines, which are many and varied because cameras are such
valuable tools in so many other areas of interest, from art to science
and everything in between. Do most of the gay photographers specialize
in studio work or would it be more accurate to say that they dominate
the strictly commercial end of things? Just wondering.

Old March 25th 05, 10:12 AM
whizbang

Inaccessible wrote:
In article .com,
"creosote" wrote:

Your mommy must be proud.

Then again I am not gay,

Oh no, nothing like that.

Old March 25th 05, 10:51 AM
creosote

Inaccessible wrote:
In article .com,
"creosote" wrote:

Your mommy must be proud.

Then again I am not gay, and I do have the self confidence
to shoot nude women and disregard the tongue waggers,

Wow, you ARE impressive. It must be tough to live with yourself, all
that raw talent and "self-confidence" all bottled up, just waiting to
get out when the first hot nude babe comes strolling along who might
take her clothes off right in front of you and let you "shoot her."
Tell me, aren't there any problems with your wife getting jealous? Oh,
maybe you don't have a wife.

....grow
up my friend.

You first, moron. Isn't it past your bedtime?

Old March 25th 05, 11:15 AM
beatyerbrainsout

Inaccessible wrote:
In article .com,
"creosote" wrote:

Your mommy must be proud.

Then again I am not gay, and I do have the self confidence
to shoot nude women and disregard the tongue waggers,...grow
up my friend.

With all of that "self-confidence," one might think you could address
the original post directly instead of firing whiny little pot shots at
posters with something to contribute. I guess when you get ignored too
much, it warps your personality.

Old March 26th 05, 01:08 AM
Inaccessible

In article . com,
"creosote" wrote

Wow, you ARE impressive. It must be tough to live with yourself, all
that raw talent and "self-confidence" all bottled up, just waiting to
get out when the first hot nude babe comes strolling along who might
take her clothes off right in front of you and let you "shoot her."

Actually the several times I did nude photography for clients I was
being paid well to do so, do you have an issue with making money?

Tell me, aren't there any problems with your wife getting jealous? Oh,
maybe you don't have a wife.

What does she care, she doesn't pay the bills and is well adjusted.

...grow
up my friend.

You first, moron. Isn't it past your bedtime?

I like your creative dialogue you should be in politics.
Old March 26th 05, 01:10 AM
Inaccessible

In article . com,
"whizbang" wrote:

Oh no, nothing like that.

No nothing at all like that - Mr. Poop sucker.
Old March 27th 05, 04:46 AM
whizbang

Inaccessible wrote:
In article . com,
"creosote" wrote

Wow, you ARE impressive. It must be tough to live with yourself,

all
that raw talent and "self-confidence" all bottled up, just waiting

get out when the first hot nude babe comes strolling along who

might
take her clothes off right in front of you and let you "shoot her."

Actually the several times I did nude photography for clients I was
being paid well to do so, do you have an issue with making money?

He's probably got more of an issue about you being alive. You hang out
in a newsgroup about photography, guarding the door and looking to pick
fights with anyone you don't recognize. Obviously, everyone else hates
your guts and ignores you because you are human debris with nothing to
live for. Anyone who would pay an effeminate jerk like you to shoot a
nude woman has got **** for brains. In that sense, yes, you ought not
be allowed to make money because you ought not be tolerated to breathe
the same air as the rest of us do. You are a waste of space and
resources.

Tell me, aren't there any problems with your wife getting jealous?

Oh,
maybe you don't have a wife.

What does she care, she doesn't pay the bills and is well adjusted.

He was speaking of a wife, not your boyfriend.

...grow
up my friend.

You first, moron. Isn't it past your bedtime?

I like your creative dialogue you should be in politics.

Nobody cares what you like, semen-breath. Do the world a favor and
drop dead. Nobody will even notice you've gone except for the lack of
noise you make every time you open your faggot trap.

Old March 27th 05, 04:55 AM
whizbang

No nothing at all like that

Who thinks you're a fairy? You mean because of the way you can't get
any attention (because you have nothing intelligent to say) so you come
on to strangers by trying to provoke them (speaking of trolls)? Some
might contend that is fag stuff. This is the twenty-first century.
You can admit you're a fruit. After all, who cares? Oh, maybe that
"wife" you supposedly have.

- Mr. Poop sucker.

Guess I touched a nerve.

Old March 27th 05, 05:34 AM
creosote

Inaccessible wrote:
In article . com,
"creosote" wrote

Wow, you ARE impressive. It must be tough to live with yourself,

all
that raw talent and "self-confidence" all bottled up, just waiting

get out when the first hot nude babe comes strolling along who

might
take her clothes off right in front of you and let you "shoot her."

Actually the several times I did nude photography for clients I was
being paid well to do so, do you have an issue with making money?

Who cares how many times you did nude photography for clients? Is that
supposed to make you some sort of expert on nude photography,
particularly with the female nude? I mean, are we supposed to think
you are some kind of an artist rather than some "well paid" whore? Why
should we believe that you are being truthful in the first place? You
demonstrate a complete lack of character with your strangely hostile
posting behavior, so why wouldn't you lie, since you think it proves
something, when clearly it proves nothing at all. If you don't
demonstrate obvious deceit along with your sick attitude, then you
clearly illustrate your ignorance of the English language. Two
independent clauses are not joined with a comma, you pathetic moron.
You must be one of those photographers who can't do anything else but
click the shutter. I can imagine what grades you got in college
Chemistry, that is, if you took it. You are no doubt one of these guys
who only shoots in black and white because "nobody does there own color
printing anymore -- its too difficult!"

Tell me, aren't there any problems with your wife getting jealous?

Oh,
maybe you don't have a wife.

What does she care, she doesn't pay the bills and is well adjusted.

In this day and age, a woman who doesn't pay any of the bills at all
can hardly be called "well-adjusted."

...grow
up my friend.

You first, moron. Isn't it past your bedtime?

I like your creative dialogue you should be in politics.

That time the little moron didn't even bother to use a comma. Yup,
there's little doubt about it. He's an ignorant Gen Xer. And here
this little pussy is, telling me to "grow up." Good ole Usenet, where
the sissies get away with anything cuz no one can touch 'em. Hey, you
don't suppose he'd have the guts to post a name and address so I can go
punch him in the nose, do you? Nah, he's "inaccessable."

Old March 27th 05, 06:01 AM
traveler

Inaccessible

Actually the several times I did nude photography for clients I was
being paid well to do so, do you have an issue with making money?

Translation: He shoots for porn sites.