FS: Canon PSC3000 semi-hard case for G3/G5

Old September 13th 03, 04:23 AM
Q. Lu

Defenitely MOST. BTW, I didn't hide the shipping charge in pages of
description. I listed it where it should be.

"Tom Pfeiffer" wrote in message
Some do, not most, though. I was just curious why?

Tom P.

"Nighthawk" wrote in message
Don't tell me you havn't noticed that most people overcharge for

shipping...

Old September 13th 03, 03:18 PM
Nighthawk

Whenever I go on ebay, it seems that almost everyone has done it.
So it shouldn't come as a complete suprise.

Old September 13th 03, 06:48 PM
rt

Tom- we have had our differences, but I am with you on this one.

rt

"Tom Pfeiffer" wrote in message
You're right, it's certainly not illegal. But it is a violation of eBay
rules, FWIW. It's called fee avoidance, you can look it up on their site.
And many people don't notice until after they bid that the price is low

and
the shipping is too high.

Tom P.

"Q. Lu" wrote in message
Not being dishonest about anything. S/H is clearly stated. Bidders are
welcome to bid $8 less than what they will bid for similar items that

start
at $27.95. As for why not start at $18? Save on eBay insersion fee, and

eBay
final price fee.

Old September 13th 03, 08:01 PM
Q. Lu

Couldn't do more to make the shipping charges clearer. If a buyer still
fails to notice it, you cannot blame me.

om...

Old September 13th 03, 08:46 PM
Lisa Horton

You have expended considerable energy defending your unscrupulous
business practice. Your denials fail to convince that your goals are
not to cheat Ebay and take advantage of an unwary buyer.

If you're going to try to cheat, don't complain when people call you on
it.

Lisa

Old September 13th 03, 10:35 PM
Q. Lu

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message
Your denials fail to convince that your goals are
not to cheat Ebay and take advantage of an unwary buyer.

Cheat? Then don't cheat publishers by checking out books from Library, and
don't cheat media industry by checking out albums from Library. And to so
many college kids on usernet, don't do file-sharing.

Old September 14th 03, 12:22 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Q.Lu:

It's not illegal OR unethical to check out books or music from the library,
but it IS illegal to download music, so I guess you're having trouble
distinguishing what's illegal/unethical and what's not. Cheating people AND
companies like eBay IS unethical.

It's not illegal to overcharge for shipping, or for that matter to post
auctions here. But they are both against rules set up to govern eBay and
Usenet. You've decided that eBay has a monopoly and thus it's okay for you
shortchange them a few cents because you HAVE to use them. BS. Try Yahoo
Auctions. Post an ad in your local paper (now THAT's expensive!). Ebay isn't
the only place to sell your stuff, just the place with the biggest exposure.

The trouble (as I see it) is that some people want all the benefit of a
huge marketplace like eBay, plus they feel they need to advertise here as
well, and then some of them like you don't even want to pay their share for
all that advertising, so they "bend" the rules a little and pad their
shipping. And then they whine and bitch when somebody calls 'em on it.

I have nothing against eBay, in fact you can go look me up and you'll see
I'm even a Powerseller there (tompc). And I still buy and sell stuff here
too (thanks again for that 300mm lens, Lisa, I hope to try it out tomorrow),
but you won't EVER see me hawking my eBay auctions here because I don't
think they're really very welcome here. I do know nobody's ever complained
that I didn't post them here. And I'm very clear in my auctions that I
charge actual shipping, heck the Post Office gives away Priority Mail
shipping supplies. If somebody wants to pick up an item locally, great, then
it save me wrapping it and taking it to the Post Office.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure no saint; I speed, I run yellow lights, I
occasionally try a grape at the grocery store to see if they're sweet. I
shop for the very best deal on everything I buy. But I don't try to cheat
anyone, whether it's eBay or just some other schmuck like me, trying to get
a good deal too. That's the difference in us, I'd say. And it's why you're
catching so much grief from me. Don't like it? Too bad, you posted first.

End of rant, sorry folks for the long read.

Tom P.

Old September 14th 03, 01:18 AM
Q. Lu

This is my first FA post here, just a test drive. You can see I have a
couple of regular FS posts.I used to trade on this forum but few deals are
done here.

I learned the trick mostly from power sellers. It is a commom practice.

If you say saving on fees is cheating eBay, one can always argue that
checking out books and albums from the library is cheating authors and
artists because you are not paying them a cent. The reason I brought up
file-sharing is I found that most of "polices" on newsgroups are college
kids and I just wanted to remind them they are no better.