Bad sensor dust

Old February 4th 19, 07:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Bad sensor dust

In article , dale
wrote:

Yes, my newstreader is a bit old-fashioned.

if you used url delimiters, it would still work.

like this ...

yourlink

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...m-721577058680
089
95/

it works to mine, then again if I post the link itself "from" mine it works

yep, and by doing so, it will work fine when wrapped, including with
embedded line breaks and quote characters.

quoted link link doesn't wrap in your post

it definitely wraps, with embedded newlines and quote chars, and still
works perfectly.

if it doesn't for you, then your software is broken. replace it.
Old February 4th 19, 08:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 2/4/2019 2:58 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , dale
wrote:

Yes, my newstreader is a bit old-fashioned.

if you used url delimiters, it would still work.

like this ...

yourlink

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...m-721577058680
089
95/

it works to mine, then again if I post the link itself "from" mine it works

yep, and by doing so, it will work fine when wrapped, including with
embedded line breaks and quote characters.

quoted link link doesn't wrap in your post

it definitely wraps, with embedded newlines and quote chars, and still
works perfectly.

if it doesn't for you, then your software is broken. replace it.

is the OP using a LF, CR, and/or EOL ... if I recall correctly, plain
text editing can be different in different editors

does this work?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/32963838558/in/album-72157705868008995/

I am using Thunderbird and changed composition from starting a new
paragraph after pressing ENTER to staying in Body Text

here is a link to a "fix" that doesn't have "bug" status yet, I guess

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1239684#answer-1170681

--
dale - https://www.dalekelly.org/
Not a professional opinion unless specified.
Old February 4th 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

wrote:

[...]

worked for me, let me try with three quotes

Old February 4th 19, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

Â*https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/32963838558/in/album-72157705868008995/

I am using Thunderbird and changed composition from starting a new
paragraph after pressing ENTER to staying in Body Text

here is a link to a "fix" that doesn't have "bug" status yet, I guess

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1239684#answer-1170681

worked for me, let me try with three quotes

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcodileo/32963838558/in/album-72157705868008995/

now it works, confusing configuration ...

they out of have "general configs to check first", like text, HTML,
plain HTML, etc. then enter into details in each, just sayin'

Old February 4th 19, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , dale
wrote:

quoted link link doesn't wrap in your post

it definitely wraps, with embedded newlines and quote chars, and still
works perfectly.

if it doesn't for you, then your software is broken. replace it.

is the OP using a LF, CR, and/or EOL ... if I recall correctly, plain
text editing can be different in different editors

that makes no difference whatsoever.

does this work?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcod...bum-7215770586
8008995/

of course it works, without any issues. that's the whole point.

even this works:
https://c
n.c

I am using Thunderbird and changed composition from starting a new
paragraph after pressing ENTER to staying in Body Text

thunderbird is buggy as hell and the developers have no motivation to
fix anything.
Old February 4th 19, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 2/4/2019 4:17 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , dale
wrote:

is the OP using a LF, CR, and/or EOL ... if I recall correctly, plain
text editing can be different in different editors

that makes no difference whatsoever.

of course the input makes a difference to the output, and vice-versa

try editing a file in vi then opening it in notepad

Old February 4th 19, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , dale
wrote:

is the OP using a LF, CR, and/or EOL ... if I recall correctly, plain
text editing can be different in different editors

that makes no difference whatsoever.

of course the input makes a difference to the output, and vice-versa

it doesn't, certainly not in a delimited url with embedded whitespace.

try editing a file in vi then opening it in notepad

not the issue here, however, good text editors don't have problems with
different line endings. only the ****ty ones barf. don't use them.
Old February 5th 19, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dale

On 2/4/2019 6:09 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , dale
wrote:

is the OP using a LF, CR, and/or EOL ... if I recall correctly, plain
text editing can be different in different editors

that makes no difference whatsoever.

of course the input makes a difference to the output, and vice-versa

it doesn't, certainly not in a delimited url with embedded whitespace.

try editing a file in vi then opening it in notepad

not the issue here, however, good text editors don't have problems with
different line endings. only the ****ty ones barf. don't use them.

what do my delimited links look like?

Old February 5th 19, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , dale
wrote:

what do my delimited links look like?

read your posts and find out for yourself.
Old February 5th 19, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Just one more reason to love Olympus. Those problems are alien.

no camera is immune.

Not 100%, but there's a difference between having the clean a sensor once a
week and once a year with the same usage.

there's no need to clean a sensor once a week unless someone is using
it in extreme conditions.