Capture One Express for Fuji

Old February 1st 19, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Capture One Express for Fuji

newshound wrote:
After playing for only an hour or so, I have to say I am more than
impressed. I have not started on layers or other clever stuff, but for
straightening, cropping, white balance, and exposure/contrast then
exporting to JPEG it is pretty intuitive. And, as Duck says, the
tutorials are very good. I have not tried the catalogue functions at all
yet. But, for a Fuji shooter who is more into hardware and "natural"
rather than highly processed, arty results it certainly does the job. I
never used to use bracketing much, or burst mode except for special
cases like show-jumping. I used to find JPEG fine for most of what I
shoot. But I can see myself changing to using JPEG+RAW with burst and/or
bracketing much more often, throwing away all the rubbish sooner, and
concentrating on the good stuff and doing more post-processing straight
after the shoot.

Now all I have to do is to master all the buttons and options that the
X-T3 gives over the X-E1. Coming from film, the X-E1 is easy. But the
X-T3 is hard work!

I am happy to hear that things are starting to come together for you with
the X-T3. Very soon it will all be quite intuitive.

It's not hard work, it is a photographic play ground, and well worth
spending a little time to learn camera, and all the various shooting, and
post-processing options. Then there is the one benefit that Fujifilm
delivers that no other system comes close to offering, the great SOOC
Fujifilm JPEGs with the Fuji sims.

Just take your time, and enjoy the, 'ah ha!' moments as you discover how
the different features can work for you. In the X-T3 you have a great,
feature rich camera, and it is/can be an on going learning experience. It
is certainly, not a P&S camera, and it is leap & bounds away from your
X-E1.

Making the switch from Nikon to Fujifilm X mirrorless just refreshed my
approach to photography.

Savageduck
Old February 1st 19, 10:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 19:46:44 -0600, Savageduck
wrote:

newshound wrote:
[...]

It seems to have cost you a lot of money also. :-)

Eric Stevens
Old February 1st 19, 11:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

newshound wrote:
[...]

Undeniably. However, I am sure you have a fair amount invested in your,
which is it now, D850.

Moving to a new system is always going to cost, and I did not need to spend
as much on glass over the last three years as I have, but it has cost me
much less than buying a D500 tree years ago, transitioning to a Nikon FF
system with the costs of that Nikkor glass. Add to that, I now have some
glass of a quality I would have had a hard time justifying if it had a
Nikkor label.

Over the last three years I have spent approximately $7,800 on Fujifilm
bodies, and glass, about $2,600/year. If I considered the new Nikon "Z7" I
would be looking at starting at $4K+ for what amounts a FF mirrorless which
defeats the fundamental idea of mirrorless. I am quite comfortable with my
Fujifilm purchases thank you.

Savageduck
Old February 1st 19, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

On 01/02/2019 01:46, Savageduck wrote:
newshound wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I can see why they have provided all the custom settings. The T3
does strike me as a camera designed for the professional who might use
it on an almost daily basis. I think I am going to keep the T3 attached
to the grip, and perhaps mainly bring it out for action and telephoto
work and "all day" shooting. I took out the E1 today to do snapshots in
the snow and it still performs admirably with the 18-55. I have a third
party copy of the simple metal grip extender, and I think that is an
almost essential accessory (it also gives an ARCA base which is handy).
I'm inclined to think the T3 back is a bit cluttered with the three
separate controls all doing the same sort of thing in menu selection.
But, I am gradually getting the hang of the T3. Visiting Bruges and
Ghent in a few weeks and I will certainly take all the bits. But with
the E1 as a spare body in case of disasters.
Old February 1st 19, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

newshound wrote:
[...]

Nope. Still the D750. And I have just had my favourite Micro Nikkor
die of old age. The investment is not increasing.