Chinese quality = GARBAGE

Old March 23rd 10, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
(PeteCresswell)

Default Chinese quality = GARBAGE

Per RichA:
I hear their CRAP is now appearing as
counterfeit parts in cars. Just imagine the carnage that is to come...

IMHO the real carnage will come when they master quality control.

At that point many of the remaining first world industrial jobs
will be dead meat.
--
PeteCresswell
Old March 24th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per RichA:
I hear their CRAP is now appearing as
counterfeit parts in cars. Just imagine the carnage that is to come...

IMHO the real carnage will come when they master quality control.

At that point many of the remaining first world industrial jobs
will be dead meat.
--
PeteCresswell

Can I say they have mastered quality control, its just that most companies
who use their services opt for cheap and nasty over well built and pricey.
That is the problem, if you want them to build quality it cost as much as
everywhere else.
I know this from personal experience.

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Old March 24th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

"Atheist Chaplain" wrote in
:

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per RichA:
I hear their CRAP is now appearing as
counterfeit parts in cars. Just imagine the carnage that is to
come...

IMHO the real carnage will come when they master quality control.

At that point many of the remaining first world industrial jobs
will be dead meat.
--
PeteCresswell

Can I say they have mastered quality control, its just that most
companies who use their services opt for cheap and nasty over well
built and pricey. That is the problem, if you want them to build
quality it cost as much as everywhere else.
I know this from personal experience.

In some cases, it's not a matter of opting, but of having to do it.
Walmart threatened to pull Rubbermaid unless they completely cheaped-out
the product. All they could do was cut quality or basically die. But
ultimately, the blame is laid at the feet of an increasingly non-
discerning American public.
Old March 24th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
(PeteCresswell)

Per Atheist Chaplain:
Can I say they have mastered quality control, its just that most companies
who use their services opt for cheap and nasty over well built and pricey.
That is the problem, if you want them to build quality it cost as much as
everywhere else.
I know this from personal experience.

That seems to imply that low wages, no benefits, and lack of
environmental controls doesn't give them that much of an
advantage.

?
--
PeteCresswell
Old March 25th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Atheist Chaplain:
Can I say they have mastered quality control, its just that most companies
who use their services opt for cheap and nasty over well built and pricey.
That is the problem, if you want them to build quality it cost as much as
everywhere else.
I know this from personal experience.

That seems to imply that low wages, no benefits, and lack of
environmental controls doesn't give them that much of an
advantage.

?
--
PeteCresswell

the trouble is if you want the quality, as with everywhere else you need the
best manufacturing equipment and best trained craftsmen' it all costs and it
all ads up just like everywhere else.

The Manufacturing precincts in China are amazing but you have to remember
that for every shiny new, spotlessly clean plant you see there are 20 big
old smelly smoke belching ones hidden away from prying western eyes that
actually produce 99% of the products you see on the shelf.
My back fence neighbor does some Christian missionary work, and a few times
they smuggled bibles over the border to China through Laos and Vietnam and
saw first hand some of the huge "towns" set up around manufacturing plants,
the photos show places that are nothing like the ones the Chinese like to
show off to the western press on the outskirts of Shanghai and Beijing.