Overpriced, "Swatch-looking" Apple watch sees sales drop 55%

Old July 25th 16, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Overpriced, "Swatch-looking" Apple watch sees sales drop 55%

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 11:14:34 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

When you can buy a reasonably nice, handsome metal dial watch for $400, is the gimmick of having email notifications appear on a watch face enough to overcome the stigma of being an adult and wearing a watch that looks like it was made for a 13 year old girl?

I'm waiting for v2, since I can't live with the battery life of the
current model. And there are models for adults. Really. There are.
Old July 26th 16, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

When you can buy a reasonably nice, handsome metal dial watch for $400, is
the gimmick of having email notifications appear on a watch face enough to
overcome the stigma of being an adult and wearing a watch that looks like
it was made for a 13 year old girl?

I'm waiting for v2, since I can't live with the battery life of the
current model. And there are models for adults. Really. There are.

If Apple manages to extend the battery life to say a week, I'd say their
introductory model was a complete scam since it lasts about 1-2 days. If
they don't extend battery life under normal use for a week, really, what is
the point in wearing one?

1-2 days is sufficient and the current apple watch can easily get that.

people normally take their watch off at night, so it only needs to last
the day, which it does.

1-2 day battery life is about the same as a typical smartphone, which
also gets charged nightly.

android wear watches get similar battery life (actually a bit less).

only the pebble gets a week battery life and it has a rather ****ty
display, and from a company that won't be around much longer anyway.
Old July 28th 16, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

wrote:

When you can buy a reasonably nice, handsome metal dial watch for $400, is the gimmick of having email notifications appear on a watch face enough to overcome the stigma of being an adult and wearing a watch that looks like it was made for a 13 year old girl?

I'm waiting for v2, since I can't live with the battery life of the
current model. And there are models for adults. Really. There are.

If Apple manages to extend the battery life to say a week, I'd say their introductory model was a complete scam since it lasts about 1-2 days. If they don't extend battery life under normal use for a week, really, what is the point in wearing one?

Agree. Right now it's not a useful watch for me. With a week, I'd have
one in a second. But how?
Old July 28th 16, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

When you can buy a reasonably nice, handsome metal dial watch for $400,
is the gimmick of having email notifications appear on a watch face
enough to overcome the stigma of being an adult and wearing a watch that
looks like it was made for a 13 year old girl?

I'm waiting for v2, since I can't live with the battery life of the
current model. And there are models for adults. Really. There are.

If Apple manages to extend the battery life to say a week, I'd say their
introductory model was a complete scam since it lasts about 1-2 days. If
they don't extend battery life under normal use for a week, really, what is
the point in wearing one?

Agree. Right now it's not a useful watch for me. With a week, I'd have
one in a second. But how?

there's no need for more than 1-2 day battery life. put the watch on
the charger at night, along with your phone, which also doesn't have a
1 week run time.

but if you really think you need 1 week battery life, get a pebble, but
then you have to deal with a lower quality display and that it doesn't
do very much and that the company will be history soon.
Old July 29th 16, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/28/2016 1:16 PM, nospam wrote:

[...]

My Movado watches need the battery changed after significantly more than
a year. They do only one thing, tell me what time it is, with reasonable
accuracy. I personally see no need for the Apple Watch. Some may, but
not me. I have other toys.

--
PeterN
Old July 29th 16, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 7/28/2016 9:52 PM, PeterN wrote:
[...]

I'm in that boat too. I prefer a good old-fashioned wrist watch. I
wear one all the time. I am tiring of having to replace batteries so
I've vowed to only buy automatic or Citizen Echo Drive watches. I've
got a few of those, one for 15 years now. I can keep it in my watch
case (which is kept in a closed dresser) for months without taking it
out and it still keeps time.

Old July 29th 16, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/29/2016 10:13 AM, PAS wrote:
[...]

I am highly sensitive to nickel, so i am limited to watches made from
surgical steel, or titanium. those watches are quite expensive, with the
exception of the Skagen watches, which work well, look nice for a couple
of years, and are cheap.

--
PeterN
Old July 29th 16, 05:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 7/29/2016 11:00 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/29/2016 10:13 AM, PAS wrote:
[...]

I like the slim design of the Skaagen watches.

Old July 29th 16, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-29 14:13:47 +0000, PAS said:

[...]

I have a TAG Heuer and an Omega GMT, but in the last year my daily wear
watch is a Seiko Solar and it is accurate whereas both of the Swiss
automatics are always in need of regulation.
https://db.tt/TGncxeuU

I don't need my iPhone functions repeated on my wrist.

Savageduck

Old July 29th 16, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-29 15:00:34 +0000, PeterN said:

On 7/29/2016 10:13 AM, PAS wrote:
[...]

Well My TAG Heuer is titanium, and my Omega and Seiko are stainless steel.

Savageduck