Sony; lenses so bad you'll learn the name Zeiss like it was yourown

Old August 6th 16, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Sony; lenses so bad you'll learn the name Zeiss like it was your own

On 2016-08-06 16:19:57 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/6/2016 4:33 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Alfred Molon
says...
But if you took no holiday in the first half of the year no company you
join on July 1st will give you 45 days for the second half of the year.

Sorry that should be 30 days for the second half.

When I was in practice I represented several privately held German
companies. IIRC they would pay holiday time for part year executive
employees. I cannot comment either way on the non-US clerks and line
workers.

With my State Law enforcement contract, time in service counted.
For the first 4 years we accumulated 8 hours/month vacation time and 8
hours/mnth sick leave. That increased annually to be capped at 18
hours/month vacation and 12 hours/month sick leave. Add to that the 12
holidays and one personal leave day. If you worked on holidays you were
paid time and a half and had the unused holiday added to accrued annual
leave.
Any unused leave was accrued as it was considered contractually earned,
and could either be taken prior to retirement or be paid out as an end
of service lump sum. When I retired I had accrued about 900 hours of
leave credit which made a tidy lump sum payment.

Savageduck

Old August 8th 16, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 8/6/2016 4:27 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , PAS says...
Is it true that in Germany, if you leave one company to go to work for
another that your accrued holiday time carries with you from the old
company to the new one?

No, it's a bit different. It's 30 days per year and if for instance you
have taken 25 days in the first half of the year then change companies
on July 1st, some companies won't grant you 15 days for second half of
the year but only 5.

But if you took no holiday in the first half of the year no company you
join on July 1st will give you 45 days for the second half of the year.

I did your later post correcting 45 days to 30 days.

I didn't ask my question properly, I actually have more than one question.

For the company I work for, we accrue holiday time. We used to get six
sick days per year in addition to holiday but that was changed. Instead
of six sick days, the company added another week of holiday. If you are
employed here 8 years or less, you accrue 15 days of holiday per year.
Between 8-15 years, you accrue 20 days. 15 or more years, you accrue 25
days. As salaried employees, if we leave work early for any reason, we
are paid for the entire day. In New York State, a company can force a
salaried worker to use accrued holiday time when he/she leaves early for
the day. There are no laws in NY that state a company must give holiday
pay. Are there laws in Germany that state a company must give a
specific amount of holiday pay to every worker?

Do workers in Germany have different amounts of holiday in the same
company like there is in the one I work for. For example, does an
employee who has been with the company for 20 years get more holiday pay
than one who has worked for the company for five years?

My original question could have been stated better. Using a scenario
might have been better. Does a worker accrue more holiday pay per year
the longer he/she works for the company? Does a worker with 20 years
with the company get, fr example, 30 paid holiday days per year while a
worker with the company for only ten years can accrue only 15 days, for
example, of holiday pay per year? If there are different accrued
amounts based on how long you are employed with a company, is there a
law that says a worker who has reached the level where he/she accrues 30
days of holiday pay per year then they also get that same accrue rate at
a new company? If I accrue 30 days of paid holiday days per year, does
my new company also have to allow me to accrue 30 paid holiday days per
year?

Old August 8th 16, 09:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , PAS says...
Are there laws in Germany that state a company must give a
specific amount of holiday pay to every worker?

See he
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesurlaubsgesetz

At least 20 days of holiday/year (= four weeks). Most companies give 30
days (= six weeks).

Do workers in Germany have different amounts of holiday in the same
company like there is in the one I work for. For example, does an
employee who has been with the company for 20 years get more holiday pay
than one who has worked for the company for five years?

That depends on the company. Usually even young beginners get the full
30 days/year, although there may be companies in which the number of
holidays depends on age and/or seniority.

My original question could have been stated better. Using a scenario
might have been better. Does a worker accrue more holiday pay per year
the longer he/she works for the company? Does a worker with 20 years
with the company get, fr example, 30 paid holiday days per year while a
worker with the company for only ten years can accrue only 15 days, for
example, of holiday pay per year? If there are different accrued
amounts based on how long you are employed with a company, is there a
law that says a worker who has reached the level where he/she accrues 30
days of holiday pay per year then they also get that same accrue rate at
a new company? If I accrue 30 days of paid holiday days per year, does
my new company also have to allow me to accrue 30 paid holiday days per
year?

See above. The mechanism you describe is a bit unusual in Germany.
According to the wikipedia article it is not regulated by law.
--
Alfred Molon