"Real-time" slideshow software

Old November 19th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Nobody

Default "Real-time" slideshow software

I just searched this NG and it seems that all of the threads revolve around
"off-line" software, that is you specify pictures and transition methods,
start "show renderer" and wait. Then some kind of animation file (SWF, MPG,
WMV or proprietary format) is produced that you can play back on your PC or
burn to DVD. If you want to change anything you need to re-render it. This
is not what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is "real-time" slideshow software, where you would
specify pictures and transition method, and slideshow is generated on the
fly by using OpenGL/DirectX features of your graphics card.

Does anyone know if such product exists? I searched Internet and haven't
found anything either.

Old November 19th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cgiorgio

If you want lots of transition effects, the only program I know is Ulead's
Photo Explorer, which is included with Photo Impact. It is however using a
different approach: It copies the image files, control files and a viewer
program to a CD-R, which plays only on a Windows PC. It does not re-sample
the image files, just copy them. It does not need an installation of Photo
Explorer on the PC where you present your slide show, because the necessary
software is burnt onto the CD-R as well.

Old November 19th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Nobody wrote:
I just searched this NG and it seems that all of the threads revolve
around "off-line" software, that is you specify pictures and
transition methods, start "show renderer" and wait. Then some kind of
animation file (SWF, MPG, WMV or proprietary format) is produced that
you can play back on your PC or burn to DVD. If you want to change
anything you need to re-render it. This is not what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is "real-time" slideshow software, where you
would specify pictures and transition method, and slideshow is
generated on the fly by using OpenGL/DirectX features of your
graphics card.
Does anyone know if such product exists? I searched Internet and
haven't found anything either.

ProShow Gold will render full-screen shows live--complete with high-class
transitions and text effects...and music, all in real time (without going
through any rendering "process"). The only time you have to wait for
rendering is if you're creating a DVD disk, or other output product.

www.photodex.com

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old November 20th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
www.kevinkienlein.com

Use PowerPoint... most flexible, user-friendly, and you can save your file
as a "run alone file"... kk

Old November 20th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

www.kevinkienlein.com wrote:

"Nobody" wrote in message
I just searched this NG and it seems that all of the threads revolve around
"off-line" software, that is you specify pictures and transition methods,
start "show renderer" and wait. Then some kind of animation file (SWF, MPG,
WMV or proprietary format) is produced that you can play back on your PC or
burn to DVD. If you want to change anything you need to re-render it. This
is not what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is "real-time" slideshow software, where you would
specify pictures and transition method, and slideshow is generated on the
fly by using OpenGL/DirectX features of your graphics card.

Does anyone know if such product exists? I searched Internet and haven't
found anything either.

Use PowerPoint... most flexible, user-friendly, and you can save your
file as a "run alone file"...

PowerPoint?? Friendly and flexible? I didn't see the smiley. Plus it
doesn't meet the needs as stated by the OP.

Somebody, but not nobody, might suggest Lightroom while it's free. I
don't know jack about DirectX, but it'll create slideshows flexibly.

--
John McWilliams
Old November 21st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
www.kevinkienlein.com

I probly misunderstood, but I don't see why you would want to present a pix
show, "on the fly"... as a toastmaster I put several hours into each and
every presentation I present...

if I was showing pix of butterflies, I would want it prepared and delivered
the same each time, so I know what is going on. PowerPoint lets you
make/organize your presentation, add music, text and had LOTS of transition
modes... I think it is wonderful and easily available... and pretty user
friendly from my experience with it... have a great day.. ) kk

--
=Kevin D. Kienlein ~ Entertainer/Inspirational Speaker
=Kalamalka Toastmasters #4869 ATM Silver/CL