our beautiful granddaughter

Old September 9th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

Default our beautiful granddaughter

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:31:55 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:53:07 +0100, "eugene" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
: On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:34:57 +0100, "eugene" wrote:
: : http://i36.tinypic.com/5zfbt2.jpg
:
: The flower dominates that picture too much, especially since the baby
: isn't
: really looking at it. The only thing that ties the baby to the flower
: (other
: than geographical proximity) is the color of the dots on her hat, which,
: BTW,
: are out of focus.
:
: Don't even think about starting a competition for granddaughter pictures
: in
: this newsgroup. Many of us have granddaughters (I have three), and I
: assure
: you that we can match you picture for picture. There's not enough
: bandwidth on
: the Internet to keep that going for very long.
:
: Bob
:
: and you can determine that the baby wasn't looking at the flower?
:
: I'm not trying to win or prove anything. I just snapped this today and felt
: like sharing it. You wanna go back to bed for a little while ;-)

The only excuse for posting pictures on this site is to have them criticized.

Criticized or critiqued? There are even some images that deserve
praise.

Read the charter if you doubt that. As Harry Truman was fond of saying, "If
you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Your picture is technically excellent. I'd be insulting your intelligence to
say otherwise. As for the composition, stare at it for five minutes and then
try to tell me you couldn't have done better.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old September 9th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Robert Coe wrote:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:53:07 +0100, "eugene" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

He posted another grandbaby pic a week or 2 ago and this one is much
improved. That one was cute but it had clear flaws, this one is very
good. Maybe not extraordinarily exceptional but heck, I'd be proud of it.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old September 9th 08, 10:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

"Robert Coe" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:53:07 +0100, "eugene" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

Bob

Let me tell you about taking that shot. I had the baby in my left arm and
was using my macro setting. I could not see the back of the camera or the
viewfinder so I was just hoping for the best. Also, take into consideration
that the baby was distracted by the camera and kept looking at it. I was
blowing the flower to try and catch and focus her attention there. All in
all, I was pretty pleased with the final result. I don't mind criticism but
sometimes (most of the time actually) I just try to catch a moment and I am
certainly not trying to achieve perfection.

Wanna have a go at critiquing this shot
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/18...0ff8657d_o.jpg (taken in
Spain two years ago with the same camera..........Panasonic Lumix FZ5) I
think this is the most amazing wee camera I have used and I have just bought
the FZ28 which I should have before the weekend

Old September 9th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DudeBoyz

http://i36.tinypic.com/5zfbt2.jpg

Here is a pic of my niece from 2004. It was taken with an
Olympus C5050:

http://www.pdscomputing.com/sites/so...4/soph-049.jpg

The blue eyes are striking, I think.

Family pics are fun to share. It's just about sharing, not a
contst, I would think.

Anyway, happy snappin'

Old September 9th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

"DudeBoyz" wrote in message
. ..
http://i36.tinypic.com/5zfbt2.jpg

Here is a pic of my niece from 2004. It was taken with an Olympus C5050:

http://www.pdscomputing.com/sites/so...4/soph-049.jpg

The blue eyes are striking, I think.

Family pics are fun to share. It's just about sharing, not a contst, I
would think.

Anyway, happy snappin'

lovely eyes for sure

Old September 10th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:52:43 +0100, "eugene" wrote:
:
: "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: ...
: On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:53:07 +0100, "eugene" wrote:
: :
: : "Robert Coe" wrote in message
: : ...
[...]

That is a very difficult shooting configuration. One of the first good
pictures my daughter got of her son was done similarly, and I could hardly
believe that she got something worth keeping.

: Wanna have a go at critiquing this shot
: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/18...0ff8657d_o.jpg (taken in
: Spain two years ago with the same camera..........Panasonic Lumix FZ5) I
: think this is the most amazing wee camera I have used and I have just bought
: the FZ28 which I should have before the weekend

I like it. And my wife will love it. She's very partial to fields of
sunflowers, and that one is nicely done.

Bob
Old September 10th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DudeBoyz

http://www.pdscomputing.com/sites/so...4/soph-049.jpg

The blue eyes are striking, I think.

Family pics are fun to share. It's just about sharing, not a
contst, I would think.

Anyway, happy snappin'

lovely eyes for sure

True 'dat. Wish they stayed that small and young for more time.
They grow up way too fast.

Old September 10th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank ess

DudeBoyz wrote:
http://www.pdscomputing.com/sites/so...4/soph-049.jpg

The blue eyes are striking, I think.

Family pics are fun to share. It's just about sharing, not a
contst, I would think.

Anyway, happy snappin'

lovely eyes for sure

True 'dat. Wish they stayed that small and young for more time.
They grow up way too fast.

Into a different kind of marvelous.

Mark Twain said something to the effect:

"Children are wonderful until they are two. At that point they should
be put in a barrel and fed through the bunghole. When they reach
twelve, plug up the bunghole".

--
Frank ess

Old September 10th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
eugene

I like it. And my wife will love it. She's very partial to fields of
sunflowers, and that one is nicely done.

Bob

Hope she likes this one then
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/77/18...e8958671_o.jpg

Old September 10th 08, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DudeBoyz

lovely eyes for sure

True 'dat. Wish they stayed that small and young for more
time. They grow up way too fast.

Into a different kind of marvelous.

Mark Twain said something to the effect:

"Children are wonderful until they are two. At that point they
should be put in a barrel and fed through the bunghole. When
they reach twelve, plug up the bunghole".

Heh... Every time I hear that word Bunghole, I think of
Beavis... Haha! rofl...

She's 6 now and all independent and in the first grade. That
magic time has passed us all by, and it feels like it was just
way too fast to see her grow up like that.

The days of big hugs and teddy bears are fading for her, and to
me, that is sad. But she is my niece and a wonderful girl who is
just growing up, so I have to treasure those first 5+ years and
tuck that memory away in a special place so that I can remember
it, but can still recognize that she is growing up into a young
lady. I don't want to impose a view that I wish she was, but
need to see who she is becoming and who she wants to be.

When kids go to school, things change. It's no longer cool to
get hugged and kissed by your mom or dad when they drop you off,
stuff like that.

I seem to remember having more hair than she did at one point,
but that is SOOO not the case now...

Thanks for the good chuckle...