Natural water

Old September 7th 08, 11:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MJK

Default Natural water

From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

Old September 7th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

MJK wrote:
From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

Nice detail.
Looks like this one from Lucerne (not a great shot):
http://edgehill.net/Overseas/1997-europe/pg1pc5

Better one from Kyoto:
http://edgehill.net/Overseas/pg1pc2

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old September 8th 08, 10:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MJK

From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

Nice detail.
Looks like this one from Lucerne (not a great shot):
http://edgehill.net/Overseas/1997-europe/pg1pc5
Better one from Kyoto:
http://edgehill.net/Overseas/pg1pc2
Paul Furman

Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
you love architecture is not it?

Old September 8th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

MJK wrote:
From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

Nice detail.

Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
you love architecture is not it?

Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old September 9th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

Paul Furman wrote:
MJK wrote:
From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

Nice detail.

Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
you love architecture is not it?

Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.

I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
Brett would have wanted to play on them.
Allen
Old September 9th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:12:51 -0500, Allen
wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:
MJK wrote:
From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html

Nice detail.

Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
you love architecture is not it?

Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.

I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
Brett would have wanted to play on them.
Allen

One of my wife's relatives played a course in Arizona with "greens"
like that. That was maybe 20 years ago.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old September 9th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Default [OT] Natural water

tony cooper wrote:
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 20:12:51 -0500, Allen
wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:
MJK wrote:
From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html
Nice detail.
Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!
you love architecture is not it?
Yes, I'm trained as a landscape architect in water-scarce California.

I grew up in West Texas. In the distant reaches of that land (around
Midland and Odessa) at least in the 1930s and 40s the golf courses had
sand greens--sand with oil added so that the next day all the sand would
not be in the next county. Now, that's water scarcity. I don't think
Brett would have wanted to play on them.
Allen

One of my wife's relatives played a course in Arizona with "greens"
like that. That was maybe 20 years ago.

Texas & Arizona are way ahead of California in terms of drought tolerant
landscaping with native plants.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old September 9th 08, 07:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MJK

From Provence
http://images-piegees.over-blog.com/...-22560944.html
Nice detail.
Thank you!
In Provence, water is scarce !!!!!

Texas & Arizona are way ahead of California in terms of drought tolerant
landscaping with native plants.
Paul Furman

Provence is not as desert that California !!!!!