120 film processing in NYC

Old March 26th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
www.barichrome.com

Default 120 film processing in NYC

As I'm not as technically gifted as many in the group my goals are
modest at this point. I'm looking for a brick and mortar location in
NYC (hopefully in midtown, but I'm flexible) that offers reasonably
priced processing of 120 film and possibly having the negatives
scanned to a disc.

At some point I'm going to be in the market for a scanner, but if I
get one I want to do it right, not get a $150 cheapo, so for now I'll
be happy for a photo shop to do it.

Anyone got a referral they can give me?

Brad
Old March 26th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
www.barichrome.com

Thanks for this referral, will check it out: Baboo Color Lab at 42
West 18th
Street.

On Mar 26, 11:38 am, krishnananda wrote:
In article
,

"www.barichrome.com" wrote:
As I'm not as technically gifted as many in the group my goals are
modest at this point. I'm looking for a brick and mortar location in
NYC (hopefully in midtown, but I'm flexible) that offers reasonably
priced processing of 120 film and possibly having the negatives
scanned to a disc.

At some point I'm going to be in the market for a scanner, but if I
get one I want to do it right, not get a $150 cheapo, so for now I'll
be happy for a photo shop to do it.

Anyone got a referral they can give me?

Brad

Not sure of a pro lab that will routinely scan 120 since the standard is
develop and contact. You might try Baboo Color Lab at 42 West 18th
Street. They do digital printing but I have no idea if 120 goes through
those Noritsu printers.

Old March 27th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
David J. Littleboy

"www.barichrome.com" wrote:

At some point I'm going to be in the market for a scanner, but if I
get one I want to do it right, not get a $150 cheapo, so for now I'll
be happy for a photo shop to do it.

Actually, getting a $150 cheapo scanner isn't a bad idea. You use it to
learn about scanning and to decide if scanning is really something you want
to be doing. Then you buy a Nikon 9000. Or not.

Any scanner will have it's quirks, so getting the basics under control first
is worth US$150. Just don't expect too much.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old March 29th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

krishnananda wrote:
In article
,
"www.barichrome.com" wrote:

As I'm not as technically gifted as many in the group my goals are
modest at this point. I'm looking for a brick and mortar location in
NYC (hopefully in midtown, but I'm flexible) that offers reasonably
priced processing of 120 film and possibly having the negatives
scanned to a disc.

At some point I'm going to be in the market for a scanner, but if I
get one I want to do it right, not get a $150 cheapo, so for now I'll
be happy for a photo shop to do it.

Anyone got a referral they can give me?

Brad

Not sure of a pro lab that will routinely scan 120 since the standard is
develop and contact. You might try Baboo Color Lab at 42 West 18th
Street. They do digital printing but I have no idea if 120 goes through
those Noritsu printers.

Phone around. Places that do 35mm often don't have the masks to do 120
work on their printers (which also does the scan).

You will get 'okay' but nowhere near full resolution scans from a Fuji
Frontier (or Noritsu or others) systems that the photo stores use.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.