Luminar for Windows

Old August 31st 17, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Luminar for Windows

On 8/31/2017 12:06 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

hmmm! That sounds more like Trump speak.

you would know.

Yep! I have the innate ability to know when someone is trying to
bull**** me.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/25/2017 6:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Perhaps that is the issue.
I have no idea where the Win edition Beta has been shorted on performance,
features, or tools when compared with the Mac edition final release
I bought the Mac final release which has been updated as recently as last
week, and I can’t say that I have found it clunky or slow. From time to
time I use some of the features when I use it as an LR plugin, just as I have
used the NIK Collection, or On1 Photo RAW.

These days I very seldom use any of the NIK stuff, but I certainly use both
Luminar and On1 Photo RAW.

My only issue with using the NIK filters, is that ever since I got my 4k
monitor, the NIK menus are very small and difficult to see. I could
probably cure that with a second monitor, but I would have to do a major
change in my work area to accommodate it.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/25/2017 6:11 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:05:41 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Aug 25, 2017, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

Not the case. I've played around with it some more, and find no
advantage to what I already use. No reason to keep it.

It is a different approach, and I find where it works very well is as a
Lightroom plugin.
...but that is not the beta.

The Beta version is clunky and slow.

Perhaps that is the issue.
I have no idea where the Win edition Beta has been shorted on performance,
features, or tools when compared with the Mac edition final release
I bought the Mac final release which has been updated as recently as last
week, and I can’t say that I have found it clunky or slow. From time to
time I use some of the features when I use it as an LR plugin, just as I have
used the NIK Collection, or On1 Photo RAW.

These days I very seldom use any of the NIK stuff, but I certainly use both
Luminar and On1 Photo RAW.

The sliders are a pain in the
ass compared to the sliders in, say, LR that can be ticked up/down
with the arrow keys or values typed in. There's a significant delay
between movement and result in the Beta. Export takes forever.

In the Mac edition I can’t say that I have found export particularly slow,
and when I use it as an LR plugin export is made from LR.

The released final version may be quite a good program for those who
don't have LR/PS, but I do so I see no need to explore further. But,
it was interesting to check it out.

The benefit for those using LR/PS is using Luminar as a plugin, and having a
standalone for those other times. Mac users also gain an extension for the
Photos app (which I do not use).

Now you should give On1 Photo RAW 2017 a try. That is much faster than LR in
all respects, and it also installs as an LR/PS plugin.

Not for me, not even close. It is nearly crippled compared to LR. But
again, one of these days I'll grab a video card and compare everything
all over again. It's either the video card, or a PC vs Mac issue.

In my case it was a video card issue.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 04:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/25/2017 7:06 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

snip

All you had to do was admit to being wrong in saying it *will* expire.
But you can't admit to being wrong and go on and on trying to weasel
out of being wrong.

Sounds like a certain politician most know of.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/25/2017 7:14 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

normally, beta versions expire. it's standard practice in the industry,
otherwise, users could scam free software.

i'm sure you've had beta apps expire.

Weasel! Instead of saying "it will probably expire", you said "it
will expire". You tried to come off as an expert and failed.

given that beta apps normally expire, it's entirely reasonable to say
it will expire.

you found an exception. whop de do. you're trying to make a big deal
out of nothing.

All you had to do was admit to being wrong in saying it *will* expire.
But you can't admit to being wrong and go on and on trying to weasel
out of being wrong.

i'm not weaseling. normally beta versions expire. you found one that
doesn't. nothing is absolute.

Then you should not have made an absolute statement. That is all Tony said.

BTW Vodka can be Absolute.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 04:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/25/2017 8:09 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:01:51 -0400, Tony Cooper
wrote:

On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:13:59 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

don't know if my Beta version will remain free and usable when the
program is released for sale or if I would have to upgrade.

it will expire.

As I have long suspected, Mr Know-It-All pretends to have some sort of
inside information, but actually just guesses at things and hopes
people won't check him out.

oh no, you found an exception and couldn't stop yourself from attacking.

An exception to what? You made a categorical statement, not a
conditional statement.

This habit is the origin of many of nospam's arguments: he doesn't
write what he later says he means.

It's his way of getting attention.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/26/2017 7:06 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Aug 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 8/25/2017 6:11 PM, Bill W wrote:

snip

Not for me, not even close. It is nearly crippled compared to LR. But
again, one of these days I'll grab a video card and compare everything
all over again. It's either the video card, or a PC vs Mac issue.

A few days ago I got an email from On1, apologizing for some of there
screw ups, and making the product available for about $49, until 8/31.
At that price I will give it a try.

What product are they offering for $49?

On1 Photo RAW 2017.6 upgrade from older editions: regular price $99.99
discounted to $79.99.

They had an introductory price of 49. That has long since expired.

On1 Photo RAW 2017.6 full version: regular price $119.99, discounted to
$99.99.

On1 Resize 10.5, formerly "Genuine Fractals" is an undiscounted $79.99. It is
also included in On1 Photo RAW 2017.6.
The old One1 Effects 10.5 is currently free.

If you buy Photo RAW, remember not to ignore their video tutorials, they are
very useful, and are much better than diving in blind. Photo RAW 2017 is a
very different, but similar animal to the older On1 (OnOne) offerings as they
are presenting On1 Photo RAW 2017 as a full Adobe LR/PS replacement in
addition to its plugin functionality.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/26/2017 10:34 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Aug 26, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

[...]

2017.6
https://www.on1.com/promo/0817-photo2017/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu7_xs6v21QIVBrbACh0dzwV5EAAYASA AEgKAJPD_BwE

That is a bargain, and for somebody like you, my recommendation is, buy it
NOW!
Download, and install IMMEDIATELY!

I did.

--
PeterN
Old October 22nd 17, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Oct 21, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

https://www.on1.com/promo/0817-photo...u7_xs6v21QIVBr
bACh0dzwV5EAAYASAAEgKAJPD_BwE

That is a bargain, and for somebody like you, my recommendation is, buy it
NOW!
Download, and install IMMEDIATELY!

I did.

That sale ends tomorrow, but more importantly On1 Photo RAW 2018 is about to
be released,but for most folks 2017.6 will do.

Savageduck

Old October 22nd 17, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 10/22/2017 12:34 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Oct 21, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

[...]

There will be some deals at photo Expo next week. There always are.

--
PeterN