The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

Old June 26th 15, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

In article , PeterN
wrote:

For a while very few parking tickets were issued in the Village of
Oyster Bay. That Village is so political, that cops were concerned that
the vehicle might belong to some political big wig. I don't know whether
this is still going on.

run the plate and see who owns it.
Old June 26th 15, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/26/2015 1:02 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

For a while very few parking tickets were issued in the Village of
Oyster Bay. That Village is so political, that cops were concerned that
the vehicle might belong to some political big wig. I don't know whether
this is still going on.

run the plate and see who owns it.

Won't mean a thing. Could belong to a nephew, or a daughter. About 30
years ago, I was able to park my car in the City Hall parking lot, in
NYC, though I was not an elected official.

--
PeterN

Old June 26th 15, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MB[_4_]

On 26/06/2015 16:47, PAS wrote:
These red light cameras are popping up everywhere on Long Island. They
exist solely for the purpose of generating revenue, despite the claims
of government that they are used for safety reasons. There was one
situation years ago when Nassau County (one of the two counties that
make up Long Island) installed a number of red light cameras. In the
town where they were installed, there was a law that stipulated that the
town gets all the revenue, none of it would go to the county. The
county took them down. So much for safety.

The big earners in the UK are Bus Lane cameras.

Old June 26th 15, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/26/2015 5:14 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

For a while very few parking tickets were issued in the Village of
Oyster Bay. That Village is so political, that cops were concerned that
the vehicle might belong to some political big wig. I don't know whether
this is still going on.

run the plate and see who owns it.

Won't mean a thing. Could belong to a nephew, or a daughter.

close enough.

About 30
years ago, I was able to park my car in the City Hall parking lot, in
NYC, though I was not an elected official.

and?

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results. OH! I forgot your compulsion to create an argument out of every
minor thing, regardless of whether you have factual support.

--
PeterN
Old June 27th 15, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

For a while very few parking tickets were issued in the Village of
Oyster Bay. That Village is so political, that cops were concerned that
the vehicle might belong to some political big wig. I don't know whether
this is still going on.

run the plate and see who owns it.

Won't mean a thing. Could belong to a nephew, or a daughter.

close enough.

About 30
years ago, I was able to park my car in the City Hall parking lot, in
NYC, though I was not an elected official.

and?

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results.

nonsense. of course it will in the majority of cases. the fact that
there may be edge cases does not invalidate it.

just how often does someone drive their nephew's car anyway?

OH! I forgot your compulsion to create an argument out of every
minor thing, regardless of whether you have factual support.

that would be you, without question.

you're an ex-lawyer. you spent a lifetime doing *exactly* that.
Old June 27th 15, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/26/2015 8:07 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

For a while very few parking tickets were issued in the Village of
Oyster Bay. That Village is so political, that cops were concerned that
the vehicle might belong to some political big wig. I don't know whether
this is still going on.

run the plate and see who owns it.

Won't mean a thing. Could belong to a nephew, or a daughter.

close enough.

About 30
years ago, I was able to park my car in the City Hall parking lot, in
NYC, though I was not an elected official.

and?

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results.

nonsense. of course it will in the majority of cases. the fact that
there may be edge cases does not invalidate it.

just how often does someone drive their nephew's car anyway?

Your ignorance of politics is being flagrently displayed.

OH! I forgot your compulsion to create an argument out of every
minor thing, regardless of whether you have factual support.

that would be you, without question.

you're an ex-lawyer. you spent a lifetime doing *exactly* that.

Abe's of maine is sleazy because they have no connection to Maine. \end
sarcasm tag.

--
PeterN
Old June 27th 15, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

For a while very few parking tickets were issued in the Village of
Oyster Bay. That Village is so political, that cops were concerned that
the vehicle might belong to some political big wig. I don't know
whether
this is still going on.

run the plate and see who owns it.

Won't mean a thing. Could belong to a nephew, or a daughter.

close enough.

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results.

nonsense. of course it will in the majority of cases. the fact that
there may be edge cases does not invalidate it.

just how often does someone drive their nephew's car anyway?

Your ignorance of politics is being flagrently displayed.

this has nothing to do with politics.

either the vehicle is owned by someone who might get special treatment
or it's not.

the number of times that someone drives a car they don't actually own,
legitimately or not, is very, very low. you're arguing just to argue.
Old June 27th 15, 05:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results.

nonsense. of course it will in the majority of cases. the fact that
there may be edge cases does not invalidate it.

Running the plate reveals the name of the owner of the vehicle.

no ****.

It does not reveal that person's political influence.

the name can.

A "political big
wig" can be anything from a campaign contributor to the next door
neighbor of a politician.

sure could. so what?
Old June 27th 15, 06:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results.

nonsense. of course it will in the majority of cases. the fact that
there may be edge cases does not invalidate it.

Running the plate reveals the name of the owner of the vehicle.

no ****.

It does not reveal that person's political influence.

the name can.

"Can" is not at all the same as "will",

i never said they were the same. twist twist twist!

and ticketing the wrong person
can cause a ****-load of problems for the officer in some cities.

all the more reason to run the plate and find out if the cop is
supposed to 'overlook' any violation.