Could North Korea fly it's 6-10 weapons on commercial airliners to targets on the West Coast?

Old October 13th 06, 08:16 AM posted to alt.military,us.military.army,alt.politics,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Could North Korea fly it's 6-10 weapons on commercial airliners to targets on the West Coast?

On 11 Oct 2006 21:06:37 -0700, "Too_Many_Tools"
wrote:

We cannot blame the president for this mess...we need to blame
ourselves.

We, Americans, ARE the goverment.We are the ones who pull the plug if
things go bad.

You are SO WRONG!!!

We CAN and SHOULD blame any idiot that sits in the White House when he
screws up.

HE IS OUR EMPLOYEE.

He is a servant. Big difference.

If he can't do his job, he should be replaced with someone who can.

And the American voter is the one who should replace him at the
earliest moment.

And removing his enablers in Congress in November is the first step.

TMT
Richthoven wrote:
We cannot blame the president for this mess...we need to blame
ourselves.

We, Americans, ARE the goverment.We are the ones who pull the plug if
things go bad.

Everybody likes to point a finger but when everybody is pointing at
someone else, everbody is still to blame.

Old October 13th 06, 04:06 PM posted to alt.military,us.military.army,alt.politics,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:12:45 +0900, Stewy

LiRM wrote:

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:30:41 -0500, Ron Hunter
wrote:

LiRM wrote:
On 8 Oct 2006 21:47:25 -0700, "Axis of WhoCares"
wrote:

If the US could drop a Fat Man bomb back in WWII, how hard would it be
for RNK to retro-fit several commercial airliners to hold a single
nuclear weapon. Using suicide pilots on a normal, scheduled flight plan
across the ocean and striking targets such as Anchorage, LA, Seattle,
Portland etc?

The weapon supposedly weighed in at 10 tons. That's a hefty load for
an airliner.

Think cargo ship and you've got a viable scenario.

Cheers,

LiRM

Let's see. 747, configured for passengers, about 400. Passengers at
175lbs. each, 70,000 lbs. You were saying?

Good calcs. I stand corrected. Ditto for "Charles". Thanks for the
info.

And why would North Korea drop a bomb on a country? Any country?

Nuclear weapons, except in the hands of the US, are weapons of deterrent
- never to be used for attack, only as a preventative measure.

The US government has show it will attack countries it perceives as a
possible threat to it's own economy (read: oil) North Korea has none.

And why would it attack the west coast? - South Korea, Japan, Hawaii are
all much closer.

So have a bit of common sense!

Common sense does not induce the fear necessary to manipulate
the electorate to accept the real goals.

http://www.minutemanproject.com/defa...?contentID=178

http://www.nascocorridor.com/pages/about/about.htm

Old October 13th 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.military,us.military.army,alt.politics,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:51:27 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Richthoven:
We cannot blame the president for this mess...we need to blame
ourselves.

We, Americans, ARE the goverment.We are the ones who pull the plug if
things go bad.

But isn't one way to pull the plug to recognize that we made a mistake with this
bunch, and vote for another group of people next time?

Would that be for Tweedledee or Tweedledum?

Old October 15th 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.military,us.military.army,alt.politics,misc.survivalism,rec.photo.digital
Volker Hetzer

Mysterion wrote:

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:19:06 GMT, "Mysterion"
wrote:

"Axis of WhoCares" wrote in message
ps.com...
If the US could drop a Fat Man bomb back in WWII, how hard would it be
for RNK to retro-fit several commercial airliners to hold a single
nuclear weapon. Using suicide pilots on a normal, scheduled flight plan
across the ocean and striking targets such as Anchorage, LA, Seattle,
Portland etc?

Even well hidden and shielded warheads can be found using neutrino
detectors.

Are they used on airliners?

I've seen them used in helicopters by flying over an area.
They can be mounted in a wide variety of vehicles or stationary.

Neutrino detectors?
You mean, fifty thousand of tons of ultra clean water, together with
thousands of photo multipliers, one metre in diameter each? The whole thing
buried deep within a mountain?
How do you detect nukes with that and a helicopter? Take the bomb on a hook
and fly them over to the detector?
http://www-sk.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/sk/...k_build23h.jpg
http://www-sk.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/sk/photo/sk_01.jpg

Lots of Greetings!