View question

Old July 23rd 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
C J Campbell

Default View question

On 2008-07-21 20:19:01 -0700, "Jake" said:

wrote in message

I know that full frame DSLRs have a bigger and better view thru the lens than a
DX type DSLR, but if you put a DX lens on say a D700 and it goes to crop mode,
is the view reduced to that of maybe a D300 or D80?

Just curious...

Going off on a tangent. I am a Canon fan, but I have to admit, that's
a nice body.

I have been hanging on for a long time to see what the 5D replacement
would offer (I thought it was going to be replaced last year), but this
Nikon body has pretty much everything I was looking for in the 5D
replacement. 51 point AF, weather sealed, high ISO, decent frame rate,
etc. Even has built in flash for those 'get you out the cr*p' moments.

I think I will still wait to see what Canon launch at Photokina, but
Canon have got their work cut out for them with the bodies Nikon are
putting out recently.

I have no doubt that Canon will introduce a very competitive state of
the art replacement.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor