a few photos from the mid 1970s.

Old April 16th 18, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default a few photos from the mid 1970s.

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 8:29:43 AM UTC-4, Whisky-dave wrote:
Just scanned a few slides in from the above date.

Nothing particually interesting unless

you like a few old planes, a bi-plane and a B-17, couple of
old cars, power boat racing, sothend pier after the 1976 fire,
some old electric trains taken at stratford yard before it
was turned into the Olympic park.

Or cat pics! ;-)

All scanned in from transparencies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave

Browsed the first two pages; nice memories. Looks like some of
the first page's flight pics could stand to have its sky cleaned
up, but that's probably pretty laborious to do in post. Have you
thought about any methods that would be relatively painless?

-hh
Old April 16th 18, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-16 14:53:21 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

On Monday, 16 April 2018 15:00:39 UTC+1, -hh wrote:
On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 8:29:43 AM UTC-4, Whisky-dave wrote:
Just scanned a few slides in from the above date.

Nothing particually interesting unless

you like a few old planes, a bi-plane and a B-17, couple of
old cars, power boat racing, sothend pier after the 1976 fire,
some old electric trains taken at stratford yard before it
was turned into the Olympic park.

Or cat pics! ;-)

All scanned in from transparencies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave

Browsed the first two pages; nice memories. Looks like some of
the first page's flight pics could stand to have its sky cleaned
up, but that's probably pretty laborious to do in post. Have you
thought about any methods that would be relatively painless?

yes I did and concluded that I'd get someone else to do it was the
least painful method :-)

Sure. For the GP: Digital ICE helps allot keeping them dust bunnies away...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_ICE
--
teleportation kills

Old April 16th 18, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/16/2018 10:53 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Getting someone else to do your work is a valid solution.
it is fairly simple to do in PS. I can think of several easy ways, none
of which should take more than ten minutes.
1. Use the select subject tool and put in a new sky.
2. Put a blank layer on top,m and clone the clean sky over the dust and
scratches.
3. Use the spot removal tool.
4. Put in a textured background, and mask out the plane.

--
PeterN
Old April 16th 18, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Getting someone else to do your work is a valid solution.

absolutely. especially if they do it for free.
Old April 17th 18, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/16/2018 3:10 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Getting someone else to do your work is a valid solution.

absolutely. especially if they do it for free.

your point being?

--
PeterN
Old April 17th 18, 05:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

wrote:

Getting someone else to do your work is a valid solution.

absolutely. especially if they do it for free.

your point being?

That *proper* scanning is a lot of work?
--
teleportation kills

Old April 17th 18, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Monday, 16 April 2018 17:36:04 UTC+1, android wrote:
On 2018-04-16 14:53:21 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

[...]

Tried it and it didn't work very well for slides. I tried afinity
photos dust and scratch removal but that was also useless on slides,
but it did give some interesting effects a cross between surealism and
impressionism.

Dust and clean slides, put them into a modern filmscanner with an IR
channel and then scan with propper soft like Vuescan...
--
teleportation kills

Old April 17th 18, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-17 08:57:47 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

It's also called delegation

it is fairly simple to do in PS. I can think of several easy ways, none
of which should take more than ten minutes.

That we belive...
--
teleportation kills

Old April 17th 18, 01:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-16 14:53:21 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

[...]

Couldn't be bothered they aren't that important to me.

put them into a modern filmscanner with an IR
channel

I wasnt; prepared to buy such a scanner and how would IR channel impove
things ?

That's that makes ICE possible...

Most in this collection has it:

https://www.parkcameras.com/c/21/scanners?p=1&q=21&by=5&v=0&me=st&f=br:11|br:65|ca: 21&x=ca|br

I have the OpticFilm 8200i SE... You would crave the Perfection V850
Photo, me guess!

and then scan with propper soft like Vuescan...

That's what I did use.

Youp, way better than the version of SilverFast that came with my scanner.
--
teleportation kills

Old April 18th 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

wrote:

Getting someone else to do your work is a valid solution.

absolutely. especially if they do it for free.

Â* your point being?

That *proper* scanning is a lot of work?

I was responding to nospam. However, I agree that proper scanning is
indeed a lot of work. When I digitized my slides, I hired a high school
kid to do it. He had access to a professional slide scanner. he scanned
them all at the highest resolution, I have forgotten what it was, but
they all came out as I hoped they would. I did spend a lot of time
selecting those slides I wanted to scan, I had several thousand, but I
did not want them all scanned. My selection process took several weeks.

--
PeterN