A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old April 6th 18, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
David B.[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 184
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 06/04/2018 17:18, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Thu, 5 Apr 2018 10:53:23 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I understand your frustration, Ragnusen.

However, I'm not so sure it has to do with folk using Apple products.


I think we both, David, you and me, have been on Usenet for decades, and
we're both well trained in technical topics where we prove our facts.

I have watched for about two decades or so, the Apple-versus-adults
arguments, where it always amazed me that the Apple users unilaterally
are the ones acting like children act.

I pondered for years why this would be so repeatable.
I don't claim to have the answer - but I do have a hypothesis.

The Apple user is *drawn* to the Apple product, which Apple Marketing
*differentiates* by selling the Apple user on a few promises.

1. Ease of use
2. Safety
3. Security
4. Functionality
5. Style

Are those the top features that Apple Marketing "sells" to its user base?
For the moment, in this post, I assume you agree (although you're
welcome to explain what you think draws people to Apple products).

Let's just take one of those selling points, which is "functionality",
and then let's state a well-known fact:
1. There is zero app functionality on iOS that isn't on Android
2. There is tons of app functionality on Android that isn't on iOS.

That's a fact. That's not a hypothesis. That's a fact.

For example, my Android devices load any app launcher I want so I can
organize my phone any way I want, and I have automatic phone recorders,
bit torrent apps, graphical recording of wifi signal strength for all
access points, accurate reporting of unique cell tower IDs, ability to
put app icons whereever I want them, etc.

On the other hand, in years, nobody can find a *single* iOS app
functionality that isn't already on Android. Not a single one.
(Sure they make claims about imaginary functionality, but they forget I
also have plenty of iOS devices where their claims always fall flat when
tested.)

Here's just one example of their claims of imaginary iOS functionality:
*Android Fact:
*http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg
*Apple Fact:
*http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg
So why do the iOS users incessantly claim imaginary Apple functionality?
I don't know why.

But I hypothesize that they bought into the Marketing claims, and they
never once doublechecked any facts, so, when facts are brought up to
them, they react with immediate hatred and denials of what is, after
all, just a fact.

What do you think about that hypothesis, bearing in mind that it's based
only on the Usenet experience, and not the many Apple web forums (where,
in some, I myself, have written tutorials, e.g., when I first jailbroke
an iOS 4 way back when AT&T was the only official carrier).


Hello Ragnusen

You have far greater Usenet experience than I do - I'd never even heard
of it until I became involved with the Microsoft groups back in 2006.
Most of them are listed he- http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

My son once recomended that I buy an iMac after spending some time in
the Apple store in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2007/8. He loved the
design and bought one in the USA - I explored in an Apple shop here in
the UK and was similarly entranced. I've just recently bought a new 27
inch iMac to replace my original 24 inch machine and am truly enthralled
with it's speed and fantastic picture quality.

If you've not yet physically tried one, I suggest that you do so. :-)

--
David B.
  #152  
Old April 6th 18, 11:28 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,027
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 4/6/2018 3:46 PM, Lewis wrote:
In message PeterN wrote:
On 4/6/2018 10:39 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?


Yes, there is. Just because something's legal doesn't make it right.

actually, it does.


If you really believe that, you obviously don't know the difference
between legality and morality.


Morality doesn't enter into it. Nothing about money or finance is
"moral", the idea is nonsense.



Answer you deserve.

--
PeterN
  #153  
Old April 6th 18, 11:38 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Mayayana
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,505
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"PeterN" wrote

| Morality doesn't enter into it. Nothing about money or finance is
| "moral", the idea is nonsense.
|
| Answer you deserve.
|

Just be sure not to lend this character any
money.


  #154  
Old April 7th 18, 01:17 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
dorayme[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 51
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article ,
nospam wrote:

just about every other international company does something similar, if
not the same.


As if that makes it ok. Another morally blind response. Do a lot of
people here actually not see though you?

--
dorayme
  #155  
Old April 7th 18, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
dorayme[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 51
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article ,
Ragnusen Ultred wrote:

Am Fri, 06 Apr 2018 08:43:19 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

You say you only speak facts. But do you always back each with more
facts like an adult? But how can this be possible given that there is
an infinite series here and human life is limited? Perhaps adults come
to some bedrock of facts that do not require backing up?


Hi dorayme,

I asked a simple technical question in this thread.
Did it get answered?


Did mine above by you?

--
dorayme
  #156  
Old April 7th 18, 08:08 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
RJH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 03/04/2018 22:23, Lewis wrote:
In message RJH wrote:
On 03/04/2018 15:57, nospam wrote:
In article , Mayayana
wrote:

snip

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.


I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid tax.


Tax avoidance is a meaningless phrase. EVERYONE avoids taxes. That's why
you file a return, to minimize your tax burden.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.


That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.


It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)


--
Cheers, Rob
  #157  
Old April 7th 18, 01:12 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Fri, 6 Apr 2018 19:45:03 -0000 (UTC), schrieb Lewis:

I've certainly never met anyone with a religious
devotion to Apple. That is something that people with a large stick up
their asses like to say to justify their irrational hatred for Apple.


I read everything in this ng, but normally don't comment when it goes off
the technical topic, especially as i feel Apple is doing nothing wrong by
making utterly insane profits, and in then trying to not pay taxes on them
by legal means.

But this comment, by Lewis, one of the charter members of the Apple
Apologists, of all people, has just said he's never met anyone with "a
religious devotion to Apple".

Hehhehhehheh... that's a good one. I do thank you for that insight.

Thanks. I love how "innocent" your humor is.
  #158  
Old April 7th 18, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sat, 07 Apr 2018 10:17:51 +1000, schrieb dorayme:

I asked a simple technical question in this thread.
Did it get answered?


Did mine above by you?


My question was on topic.
Hence, any on-topic technical question of the newsgroups infested with
babies will _never_ get answered correctly.

It's only on the adult newsgroups that technical topics are answered
correctly and with sufficient detail to reproduce accurately.

To wit: *These are empirical facts.*

Q: Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?
A: No.

Q: Why not?
A: Lots of reasons why not.

Q: What are the technical details?
A: Mac MS Office can't read the embedded fonts in the Windows Office docs.
A: Adobe Illustrator can't read standard MS Office PowerPoint file format.
A: Adobe Illustrator can't read embedded fonts (in the Office-generated PDF).

Q: What's 1 solution to work around that lack of Mac & AI functionality?
A1: "Just give up" (as usual for Apple users) & load the font into the Mac.
A2: Don't just give up & do all final work on the Windows system with the font.
A2: Then control+v, control+a, control+shift+o to convert fonts to shapes.

Then just hand the printer the Windows AI file with fonts converted to shapes.

Note to dorayme:

The Apple users will likely *scream* bloody murder that these aren't facts,
and yet, these are the inconvenient facts that are so far beyond their
technical competency, that's all they can do is scream that facts aren't
facts.

In general, the Apple posters on this newsgroup prove time & again:
1. They are technically incompetent, so they can't possibly be helpful.
2. Even if they were technically competent, they have no helpful intent.
3. Hence, they just guess (where they're wrong as much as the monkey is).

All the Apple Apologists can do well is endless off-topic rants.
Just watch (since you're one of them).
  #159  
Old April 7th 18, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.apps
Ragnusen Ultred
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 57
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Fri, 06 Apr 2018 11:52:06 -0400, schrieb nospam:

I asked a simple technical question in this thread.
Did it get answered?


it did.


As always, nospam, you prove in every post:
1. You have no intention to ever be helpful, and,
2. Besides, you don't have the technical expertise to be helpful, and,
3. Hence, you just guess, which makes your posts even less accurate than the monkey's posts.

The question was answered in the adult newsgroup long ago.

Q: Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?
A: No.

There's a longer answer, of how to work around this flaw, replete with the
factual details, but factual details would be completely lost on you since
you prove in every post you have zero technical capacity for factual
detail.
  #160  
Old April 7th 18, 01:47 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,784
Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , RJH wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.


That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.


It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)


it absolutely is a lie. the evidence is very clear that apple pays what
they owe.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Technical & legal background using copyrighted fonts in custom road signs in PowerPoint Chaya Eve Digital Photography 238 September 17th 17 05:17 PM
70+ Free Pixel Fonts [email protected] Digital Photography 0 May 6th 06 04:08 PM
FS: ART Graphics Plug ins Backgrounds Fonts & More CD-ROM Seals4Deals Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 March 9th 06 09:53 PM
FS: ART Graphics Plug ins Backgrounds Fonts & More CD-ROM Seals4Deals Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 February 23rd 06 10:31 PM
FS: Photoshop 6, Illustrator 9, more for Mac Josh Renaud General Equipment For Sale 0 December 3rd 03 06:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.