This is relevant - "Why solid-state disks are winning the argument".

Old December 3rd 14, 04:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default This is relevant - "Why solid-state disks are winning the argument".

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

this isn't about multiple email accounts.

it's about multiple user accounts, of which there are none.

Read what you wrote. It's at the top of this email. "ipads do not have
multiple users". That's not the same as 'multiple user accounts'
although I expect that you will now argue that it is.

of course it's the same!! you don't seriously think that i meant you
can't hand an ipad to another person. by your definition *everything*
has multiple users.

Multiple email accounts means multiple users.

no it doesn't.

My wife will be disappointed to learn that she does not really have a
mail account on my iPad. She has several mailboxes under her name
which carry far more traffic than my humble few.

this has nothing to do with email and you know it. your repeated
attempts to twist and divert will not change that.

It doesn't mean that
everyone you hand it to has their own email account.

which confirms it doesn't mean multiple users.

The last time I looked, two people were multiple.

the ipad is not a multi-user device. whoever is using the ipad has full
access to everything.

macs, windows and linux computers are multi-user systems. one user
cannot access another user's stuff.

no amount of your twisting is going to change that.

for it to be a multi-user system it must have individual logins. it
does not. therefore it is a single user system. period.

you even agree with this definition and yet you're arguing. that's
****ed up.

multiple email accounts means multiple email accounts which is
completely separate from multiple users.

in fact, multiple users could share one email account.

You are trying to duck (sorry SD).

it's not me who is ducking,

you even *admit* you know what i meant.

Certainly multiple users could share one email account but the iPad
will also allow multiple users to each have their own seperate and
individual email accounts.

it could, and not only is that exceptionally rare, it does not make the
ipad a multi-user device.
Old December 3rd 14, 05:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:07:25 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

this isn't about multiple email accounts.

it's about multiple user accounts, of which there are none.

Read what you wrote. It's at the top of this email. "ipads do not have
multiple users". That's not the same as 'multiple user accounts'
although I expect that you will now argue that it is.

of course it's the same!! you don't seriously think that i meant you
can't hand an ipad to another person. by your definition *everything*
has multiple users.

Multiple email accounts means multiple users.

no it doesn't.

My wife will be disappointed to learn that she does not really have a
mail account on my iPad. She has several mailboxes under her name
which carry far more traffic than my humble few.

this has nothing to do with email and you know it. your repeated
attempts to twist and divert will not change that.

There is no twisting or turning. I made a simple statement of fact.

It doesn't mean that
everyone you hand it to has their own email account.

which confirms it doesn't mean multiple users.

The last time I looked, two people were multiple.

the ipad is not a multi-user device. whoever is using the ipad has full
access to everything.

It is not capable of multiple users using it at the same time.
Nevertheless it will to some extent support independent use by more
than one person, but not more than one person at a time.

macs, windows and linux computers are multi-user systems. one user
cannot access another user's stuff.

So. That's a deficiency in the email system of the iPad.

no amount of your twisting is going to change that.

for it to be a multi-user system it must have individual logins. it
does not. therefore it is a single user system. period.

Why must it? That's just your expectation. It's not an essential.

you even agree with this definition and yet you're arguing. that's
****ed up.

multiple email accounts means multiple email accounts which is
completely separate from multiple users.

in fact, multiple users could share one email account.

You are trying to duck (sorry SD).

it's not me who is ducking,

you even *admit* you know what i meant.

You should learn from that. Why not try to understand what I mean?

Certainly multiple users could share one email account but the iPad
will also allow multiple users to each have their own seperate and
individual email accounts.

it could, and not only is that exceptionally rare, it does not make the
ipad a multi-user device.

... for a certain definition of multiuser.

Eric Stevens